• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC vs PGX

54 posts in this topic

It seems to be common for anyone with a vast collection of comics that have been graded by CGC to claim that CGC is better. They are biased. Just as someone prefers Pepsi over Coke, will probably say Pepsi is better.

893whatthe.gif But.......Pepsi is better than Coke! makepoint.gif

thumbsup2.gif I just thought cover page quality would be factored into the overall page quality. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought a book like that should be "tan to off-white"?

No, the page color refers to interior page quality. Otherwise, every book with a sun shadow or dust shadow or interior cover tanning would be no better than "Tan to __________" page quality.

I think they only refer to the interior page quality because you can't see it.

That's exactly right. smile.gif

It seems to be common for anyone with a vast collection of comics that have been graded by CGC to claim that CGC is better. They are biased. Just as someone prefers Pepsi over Coke, will probably say Pepsi is better.

No doubt about it.

No doubt about it.

acclaim.gif

No doubt about it.

acclaim.gif

I like Coke, Classic Coke that is, better. I'll drink both but always go for Coke if I have the choice. If I was going to go for the Pepsi brand, I'd go Mountain Dew.

thumbsup2.gif I just thought cover page quality would be factored into the overall page quality. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought a book like that should be "tan to off-white"?

No, the page color refers to interior page quality. Otherwise, every book with a sun shadow or dust shadow or interior cover tanning would be no better than "Tan to __________" page quality.

I think they only refer to the interior page quality because you can't see it.

I don't think so. Interior page quality was graded separately for years before CGC was in business. Take a look at any of the Sotheby's catalogs from the 1990s, and also the 1992 Overstreet Grading Guide with its separate page quality rating system.

No doubt about it.

acclaim.gif

I like Coke, Classic Coke that is, better. I'll drink both but always go for Coke if I have the choice. If I was going to go for the Pepsi brand, I'd go Mountain Dew.

You know the story behind "New Coke"? They developed it because Coca-Cola was loosing in blind taste tests to Pepsi.

No doubt about it.

acclaim.gif

You know the story behind "New Coke"? They developed it because Coca-Cola was loosing in blind taste tests to Pepsi.

yeahok.gif

No doubt about it.

acclaim.gif

yeahok.gif

yay.gif

They both suck compared to Root Beer. 3232.gif

3232.gif

3232.gif

3232.gif

gossip.gif

gossip.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif