• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Girl Walks Alone at Night 1 radco comics 2014 info
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I had bought a copy while ago it is from 2014 not 2020 its from radco comics. I know its rare but was not able to find much information on print run. i had seen a copy of issue 2 on sale on ebay but not much else any help much appreciated.

image1[1187].jpeg

image0[1186].jpeg

I'm... pretty sure that's also from 2020. 2014 was the date of the film's release, and the comic is adapted from the film, in a reversal of modern trends!

In any case, the RadCo thing is an imprint of sorts; the actual publisher is Behemoth Comics. This is the 1:5 incentive variant of #1. Not sure the actual print run or order run on this. For completion's sake, the normal cover is essentially a close-up of the character on this cover. There is also a 500 copy limited edition with a gray cover; obviously, that one sitting around everywhere either.

I saw the incentive version and looked at it but it did not have the radco label or price on it like mine. When I purchased it I was told that it was from 2014 and I had seen the other covers but it caught my eye. I look at key collector no mention either. 

On 1/5/2022 at 7:35 PM, mikeggg said:

I saw the incentive version and looked at it but it did not have the radco label or price on it like mine. When I purchased it I was told that it was from 2014 and I had seen the other covers but it caught my eye. I look at key collector no mention either. 

Hmm, actually, that is interesting, now that you mention it.

There are definitely at least some copies of the 1:5 variant on ebay that do not have the logo and price at the bottom left (they, for the record, have the $3.99 price on the back cover). Clearly, your book is not that book after all. Or... is it? Bleeding Cool reported on Behemoth's Nov 2020 solicitations, including the various variants of this book; the image they used for the 1:5 variant looks exactly like yours, with the logo and price. There are currently two listing on ebay that at least appear to match your book. However, these are both closely-cropped cover-only images, so there's a very real possibility that they are stock images and not legitimately pictures of the books physically being sold (although neither listing says they used stock photos). The big online stores and resources are pretty split over whether they think this book has the logo and price or not. ComicVine, CPG, KeyCollector, and Midtown have the logo and cover price; MCS and Atomic Avenue do not. But again, it's possible that some of these sites used stock images to fill out the catalog.

Obviously, your copy isn't a stock photo, but neither are the CGC-graded no-logo ones.

Which sort of raises the question as to why there are logo and no-logo copies of this book with the 1:5 variant cover. I think it's pretty clear that there were at least two printings (not "printings", in the technical sense) of this cover. The question is how they were distributed. I vaguely suspect that the logo/price ones were initially produced, because that matches the images provided to media organizations promoting the book. If that's the case, the logo copies might have been distributed as early look / advertising promotional copies. Then, the seemingly more-common no-logo books would have been printed once the incentive numbers were known, in an effort to avoid rampant overprinting and the problems that causes "limited" run books; DC and Marvel don't do their incentives that way, but the smaller indie publishers very well might. That's a pretty thin tapestry of assumptions at this point. But it's plausible, at least!

Not all the online resources are really comprehensive about this book in general, which doesn't help. Many, many sites fail to list the Alan Quah variants (trade dress and virgin), which were Golden Apple exclusives. Were there other store exclusives? I don't think so, but who knows!

I'll note one additional complication. This book is also available, for a steep price for a raw copy, from an Amazon retailer. Except the image provided there has a totally different RADCO logo centered at the bottom of the book... and no cover price. This matches the cover to the ComiXology digital version -- which really was published around 2014-2015. I won't dig into the Internet Archive links here, but it does appear that Radco offered physical copies of that book at the time, presumably print-on-demand via ComiXology. Doesn't explain your book though, which I still think is circa 2020 because I do not believe the circular Radco logo was in use for the earlier material.