• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The End of PCE?

31 posts in this topic

Type in what you're looking for and there it appeared in all it's 4800 baud glory.

Wow. You don't hear anyone use the term 'baud' anymore. I remember back in '88 when there was alot of buzz because 9600 baud was coming out. "That's double the speed of 4800!"

27_laughing.gif I started out using 300 baud and was wowed when 1200k modems hit the market... crazy.gif

2400 was merely a whisper among technophiles...

Danny, thanks for sharing with us some really nice Supermans! I was going to buy the Superboy #10 that Robert has listed in the last two of Heritage's auctions but it's only a 9.0 and I like to have the highest graded copy if I am going to be paying that much for it! Sure enough CGC updated their census recently and there is a 9.2 copy of Superboy #10! The Superboy #10 is the first appearance of Lang Lang and it hasn't even broken out yet! I truly hope that Robert and his partner Todd continue PCE, I did most of my buying from them in the 1990's since I was able to go to their office and check out the books in person before deciding whether or not to purchase them.PCE listed the page quality of all the books they listed so that was a contibuting factor in making it alot easier in buying books from them. When CGC came on the scene and also the advent of Ebay, that changed the dynamics of buying comics for me in a big way! Erik

In there best days PCE had huge books.In the early 90s i picked up a Marvel#1, 2 copies of Detective comics #38, Detective #1 ,All American #16, More Fun #52,

Whiz #1, They had just Great Great stuff in the early to mid 90s as anyone who delt with them knows. They brokered an Action #1 back in 1994 for about 134k.I remembered that sale made Nations Business magazine.That book today is the highest graded Action #1 on the cgc census[the 8.5 unrestored copy].Of course things changed for them in the new century.If they are now gone[i dont know] they will be missed.