• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walt Disney's Donald Duck 1987 in German

5 posts in this topic

Anyone have any idea what this comic might be worth? I have been having a hard time finding anything online regarding this comic. I got it from a friend who came to visit the states when I was five years old. The front has the small tear on the tope left corner and I don't have a picture of the back but it looks the same as the front. I am debating on getting it graded.

IMG_1114.jpeg

On 1/10/2022 at 1:50 PM, Jayrodimus said:

Also curious how my german friend got from norway at that time.

The least expensive transatlantic flights in the 1970s and 1980s were via Icelandair.  Free bus service from several German cities to Luxembourg, followed by air service from Luxembourg to New York or Washington (with a stop-over in Reykjavik or Keflavik).  Back then, most European and Nordic airports sold magazines/newspapers in several different languages.  Maybe a fellow traveler left it on your friend's plane.  (shrug)

On 1/10/2022 at 2:57 PM, Jayrodimus said:

Anyone have any idea what this comic might be worth? I have been having a hard time finding anything online regarding this comic. I got it from a friend who came to visit the states when I was five years old. The front has the small tear on the tope left corner and I don't have a picture of the back but it looks the same as the front. I am debating on getting it graded.

IMG_1114.jpeg

In that condition, it's worth almost nothing