• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Dealer Review: Tomorrow's Treasures

30 posts in this topic

If that kind of unprofessional responce is true than i appreciate you bringing it up here.I certainly dont want to deal with anyone who treats his costomers like that!

If you think that's bad, you should see the lengthy and very mean emails Conrad at comicbookartgallery.com sent to me when I offered a trade to him. He went into detail, several paragraphs long for each of his statements about how worthless my art was. Lengthy, drawn out, detailed and mean statements — instead of just saying "No thanks. I think I'll pass on the trade." It was as if he was trying to make himself feel good by trying to make me feel bad about my collection. He was very, very, very nasty to me. I was shocked that someone in business would talk to a potential customer that way. I still have all those emails. I know this is off topic, but another art dealer I had a very bad experience with was Marc Patten at Destination Entertainment, who cursed at me when he was talking to me via email over my attempt to purchase a piece of art he'd offered to me for a set price (then, when I said I was sending the money order for the full amount, he said he had decided to take bids on it and I'd have to bid just like everyone else, even though we'd already made the deal — or, I'd have to send nearly double the amount he'd offered the piece of art to me for in order to buy it). I still have all the emails Marc and Conrad sent to me to prove it all, just like I kept the ones from Richard Muchin.

I just ran across this subject and wanted to say that Although I have never bought a book from him I think he is a diehard comics fan...or really was at some point...selling something can get you real jaded....he is entertaining to listen to if he is in an argument I can say that for sure firsthand

Muchin is the most unpleasant, rude jackazz dealer I've ever had the displeasure of running into.

About 15 years ago when I was fresh out of college and had a few bucks to spend on comics for the first time in my life, I bought some nice Silver Age books from him at a show. Sgt Fury #1 F/VF, Hulk 6 F/VF and one other I can't recall.

Sadly, I didn't know much about restoration at the time and I didn't discover the Sgt Fury and Hulk were restored until years later. Quite embarrassing actually as the restoration is so amateurish and obvious now.

Now when I hear his loud obnoxious voice and see his greasy head of hair at a show, I want to puke and warn anyone walking into his booth. I can only hope that someday the massive stacks of restored comics in whatever hovel he lives in collapse on him.

This guy and those like him are the very reason why there is such a demand for CGC's service.

Muchin is the most unpleasant, rude jackazz dealer I've ever had the displeasure of running into.

About 15 years ago when I was fresh out of college and had a few bucks to spend on comics for the first time in my life, I bought some nice Silver Age books from him at a show. Sgt Fury #1 F/VF, Hulk 6 F/VF and one other I can't recall.

Sadly, I didn't know much about restoration at the time and I didn't discover the Sgt Fury and Hulk were restored until years later. Quite embarrassing actually as the restoration is so amateurish and obvious now.

Now when I hear his loud obnoxious voice and see his greasy head of hair at a show, I want to puke and warn anyone walking into his booth. I can only hope that someday the massive stacks of restored comics in whatever hovel he lives in collapse on him.

This guy and those like him are the very reason why there is such a demand for CGC's service.

He is the only dealer ever barred from Primate Promotions conventions. My dealings with him as a collector were horrible. Made up grades, undisclosed restoration, rampant color touchs, the out and out lies and just not a nice person. Maybe he is delusional at this point and believes his own often repeated lies. He is in the comic book dealer hall of shame. He is the type of dealer that I will not expose my customers tt and he has driven many collectors out of the hobby. He is a bully and I have had a few confrontations with him as I am not the type to back down from a bully.

He is the type of dealer that I will not expose my customers to

893applaud-thumb.gif

He is a bully

Yup. The kind of guy that "wins" arguments because he talks the loudest. yeahok.gif

He truly is the living embodiment of the obnoxious, greasy "comic book guy" stereotype.

Ok you guys have me convinced...I have heard all about his famous rice paper repairs....I wonder if he knows that there is a section dedicated to him and his life's work...wow...what a legacy....

Ya know... I almost feel guilty trashing the guy. I prefer not to publicly trash anyone and always try to give a dealer the benefit of the doubt. No one is perfect.

Muchin, however, has proven himself to be such a reprehensible character in so many instances, I think the benefit of warning other collectors far outweighs the negatives of a public flogging.

Rich Muchin seems to be real mixed bag. Some have had good dealings with him. But there have been far too many negative experiences related about Mr. Muchin on these boards to even consider buying a comic from him.

There were several recounted here starting with silverandbronze.