• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books that dont lay flat inside the holder?
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Is that shaken comic syndrome?  Im noticing it more and more and wondering if its a side effect of the new holders. Theres more room in the cases now and you can move the book form one side to the other with a light tap. 

On 1/12/2022 at 1:33 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Don't lay flat how? SCS is when a comic is damaged from too much movement within the case.

I don't have a lot of examples cause ive been returning them to the sellers when they are really bad. Here are 2 I kept cause they aren't that bad.

20220112_165306.jpg

20220112_165240.jpg

20220112_165731.jpg

20220112_165721.jpg

On 1/12/2022 at 5:20 PM, lostboys said:

Maybe I have a touch of ocd but that Maxx 1/2 is not a natural wave. 

When I get home, Ill show you the 20 or so I have, plus the 4 I have slabbed

The paper used on those was utter trash

On 1/12/2022 at 7:25 PM, The Meta said:

When I get home, Ill show you the 20 or so I have, plus the 4 I have slabbed

The paper used on those was utter trash

I have a few raw copies and they all have waves on the top and bottom of the pages.

Does this affect the grade at all? The one in my pic is a 9.6 but it looks flawless other than the waves

On 1/12/2022 at 5:10 PM, lostboys said:

I have a few raw copies and they all have waves on the top and bottom of the pages.

Does this affect the grade at all? The one in my pic is a 9.6 but it looks flawless other than the waves

No it does not affect the grade - it is production related.

Please post your eBay ID so we can all block you.

On 1/12/2022 at 6:10 PM, lostboys said:

Getting 9.8s for these is difficult because of the cheap cardboard stock of the covers. They dent very easily, the foil scratches just looking at it, and you can't press out the defects

I only have one 9.8 and its a regular 

Had me look at the registry, and I'm more impressed with my collection than ever. Not a single book in there is pressed, and if I would have them done, there might be two, the 9.4s, that wouldn't become 9.8s

The two 9.2s are from Albert Moy and someone else handling them, issue 18 and 19. Put finger dents in them, that could be pressed 

The 9.4 3D and Blue 1/2 foil will never be more because of that cheap cardboard stock.

I had a Wolverine Bloodhungry TPB signed and slabbed as well and it only came back a 9.4. I bought that book off the shelf. Probably has fingerprints all over it lol