• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me fill out a pull list
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Looking for 1 or 2 titles to fill out a pull list at midtown. I prefer Marvel/DC (but am not opposed to DH or IDW). Looking for a title outside the obviously popular/well know (maybe a new title that just started or what not). Thanks in advance. 

On 1/15/2022 at 2:09 PM, The bard said:

Looking for 1 or 2 titles to fill out a pull list at midtown. I prefer Marvel/DC (but am not opposed to DH or IDW). Looking for a title outside the obviously popular/well know (maybe a new title that just started or what not). Thanks in advance. 

What do you like to read? There are so many options now, so you'll need to narrow it down a bit based on personal preference. I'm not caught up on a lot of stuff - and this is not "outside the obviously popular" - but Batman just started a new arc with a new creative team on issue 118 and they're soliciting 121 now, so that could be a good jumping on point. Plus a lot of the recent story arcs can still be had for mostly cover price. I've heard Dark Knights of Steel is good - I'm buying it but waiting until it's done to read it; that's on issue 5.

Nice House on the Lake is an interesting horror book in a 12-issue run - they took a little break after issue 6, but they're soliciting issue 7 now. Not sure if they're doing a TPB for the first half, but most of those are available for fairly cheap.

The new Cates Hulk run started recently, as did the new Venom run - again, I haven't read them and they're the popular choices (sorry), but it sounds like you're looking for recently started titles.

But really, like I said, more info about what characters/styles you like will help with recommendations. Good luck!

On 1/15/2022 at 2:09 PM, The bard said:

Moon Knight has been a great run so far. It's only six issues in at the moment. Hulk and Venom's new runs have just begun so it's still a little early in the game to make a definitive judgment, but if you like the characters, some wild things are going on right now. Thor is a great title as well, but it's 20 issues in, so it's either back issues or trades to catch up. Most of the other stuff I love regarding DC and indies are mini-series which will be ending soon. I will say The Silver Coin from Image is a really solid horror anthology.