• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Young Avengers 1, is it even worth chasing?
1 1

23 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2022 at 9:50 PM, Lpgk said:

Comparing Preacher to YA is not even a fair comparison, and I love Preacher, both the book and the series

Preacher had a huge run up in the year leading up to the show and sadly the show couldn't support the hype. I thought it was good show, but nothing could have lived up to the hype. Not to mention, the show is a hard R on AMC; it would have never have gotten the exposure Disney does. 

YA is a $1K book on just one character so far, Kate. If another character hits out of that book, we are looking at another Ultimate Fallout, easy. Given Disney's track record, it probably points to more characters coming out of YA, rather than not. 

I'm with fastball on this. i never pass up nice copies of this when I see them. No brainer, long term hold. Years from now, we're gonna look back at this and see that $1K was a bargain. 

The $1k price tag for Young Avengers #1 is primarily based on hype at this point. No matter what happens with the character from here on out that potential is already baked into the current price. Let's check back in 2-3 years and see where we're at on this. 

On 1/21/2022 at 9:50 PM, Lpgk said:

YA is a $1K book on just one character so far, Kate.

I don't know if I'd say that. A hand full of them have already seen screen time and at this point everyone is excited to see what happens. If it turns into Avengers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 again at the same level of excitement then maybe more. But I think they plan to move onto Fantastic Four and X-Men. I can see the YA getting a tv series but that is it. Not only that but the original Avengers cast had some pretty big hitting actors. So far the YA are kids we have never seen. Hmmm maybe I'm talking myself out of this book.

Edited by KCode98

Buy this in person, if possible, but find yourself a 9.4 or 9.6 that was graded during a "tight" phase and SHOULD have been a 9.8. Most of the LCS owners I know will still keep nicer copies to sell later. Also, buying above $1000 puts you above a glass ceiling that deters a LARGE percentage of future buyers... should the need to sell arise. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu