• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Make mine......CGC??
2 2

47 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2022 at 3:04 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Oh that's golden!!!  here's the deal:

1. The wait over there for books to come back with pressing is over a year. 

2. They bill you upfront and right now i don' have money for them to send them books. Even with doing a press screen, it equals to about the same here.

3. I have time to save to pay for my orders.

4. It also makes me think more which book actually deserve to be in a slab. 

5. You guys are cool !

If you can’t afford to pay for grading costs, why are you sending books off to grade. (Comments 2 & 3)?

On 1/19/2022 at 4:15 PM, chrisco37 said:

If you can’t afford to pay for grading costs, why are you sending books off to grade. (Comments 2 & 3)?

I can afford to pay for grading costs; if I don't have it when I send books , I know I'll get it when it's due. 

I wonder how many people send in books, hoping to have the money later. What percentage of them never save the money and what does CGC do with the books?

Submitting books now with the hope of being able to afford them later sounds like a very well thought out plan. 

On 1/19/2022 at 2:38 PM, shadroch said:

I wonder how many people send in books, hoping to have the money later. What percentage of them never save the money and what does CGC do with the books?

Submitting books now with the hope of being able to afford them later sounds like a very well thought out plan. 

Doesn't CGC charge you once your books are entered?  I would guess if your charge doesn't go through, then they send the books back to you?  Not quite sure who's responsible for shipping costs at that point.  I would imagine they would try to charge the book owner, and if they're unable to recoup funds, they probably flag your account.  (This is all speculation).

On 1/19/2022 at 5:38 PM, shadroch said:

53B360E4-E05D-4226-8FE1-B41414C8735C.jpeg

On 1/19/2022 at 5:54 PM, ExNihilo said:

Doesn't CGC charge you once your books are entered?  I would guess if your charge doesn't go through, then they send the books back to you?  Not quite sure who's responsible for shipping costs at that point.  I would imagine they would try to charge the book owner, and if they're unable to recoup funds, they probably flag your account.  (This is all speculation).

The last order I sent I was told the pressing charge will be billed when the order drops at the time of service.  It might be that way for straight grading but I never sent to cgc without a press. Yes, it is a well thought out plan . Haha 

On 1/19/2022 at 7:51 AM, Ninja0215 said:

When I looked at the turnaround time there I had a heart attack! Granted, times here aren't that great but they seem to be moving at an average pace.

I'm not quite sure what you looked at, but their turnaround times are still indeed mostly better than CGC's at least what is advertised. Keep in mind CGC's times are in business days and the other guys' are in weeks. CGC's turnaround times only beat the other guys in one category, modern and its only by 7 business days (118 v 125). CGC's time for economy is over 36 weeks where as the other guys is 25 (about 2.5 months difference). And Standard, Express, and Walk-through all have longer turnaround times than their respective counterparts.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:13 PM, HuddyBee said:

I'm not quite sure what you looked at, but their turnaround times are still indeed mostly better than CGC's at least what is advertised. Keep in mind CGC's times are in business days and the other guys' are in weeks. CGC's turnaround times only beat the other guys in one category, modern and its only by 7 business days (118 v 125). CGC's time for economy is over 36 weeks where as the other guys is 25 (about 2.5 months difference). And Standard, Express, and Walk-through all have longer turnaround times than their respective counterparts.

But if you want the best turn around times, you can't beat PGX. 30 days max baby!

On 1/19/2022 at 11:13 PM, HuddyBee said:

Maybe it's just me then but honestly I didn't want to send them books I'm not going to se for a year from now. At least  here, I can approximate when I'll see them again. I could be totally wrong but I'll take my chances. 

Edited by Ninja0215

On 1/20/2022 at 2:40 PM, Ninja0215 said:

Maybe it's just me then but honestly I didn't want to send them books I'm not going to se for a year from now. At least  here, I can approximate when I'll see them again. I could be totally wrong but I'll take my chances. 

From what I know CBCS has minimal issues with lost books and orders. 

As for CGC, if you get books pressed, you ain't seeing them for a year. Doesn't have to be CCS, if you go to an expert presser who will then send them to CGC, that's also a year's time.