• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 87
3 3

15 posts in this topic

The front is pretty nice. From experience, I find CGC can be forgiving if flaws are on the back. Now the rub/discolouration and the small tear are noticeable. I sent off my ASM 252 last year and it came back a 9.0 with many spine ticks (more than I thought would be allowed) but because they were only seem from the back cover, I feel like it got averaged out (the front was a 9.4, the back to me more an 8.0, to they finalized a grade in between). This is probably not exactly how they do it but it gives some idea. To me, your book is similar, maybe a bit worse on the back. I feel 8.5 is achievable here. If they hammer it down, the lowest I am seeing is 7.5

On 1/21/2022 at 3:29 PM, comicginger1789 said:

The front is pretty nice. From experience, I find CGC can be forgiving if flaws are on the back. Now the rub/discolouration and the small tear are noticeable. I sent off my ASM 252 last year and it came back a 9.0 with many spine ticks (more than I thought would be allowed) but because they were only seem from the back cover, I feel like it got averaged out (the front was a 9.4, the back to me more an 8.0, to they finalized a grade in between). This is probably not exactly how they do it but it gives some idea. To me, your book is similar, maybe a bit worse on the back. I feel 8.5 is achievable here. If they hammer it down, the lowest I am seeing is 7.5

Thank you @comicginger1789 ! 

On 1/24/2022 at 9:13 AM, Galen130 said:

Maybe an 8.0.  CGC’s grading has been unpredictable of late.  Even we long time grade ‘estimators’ are seeing weirdness come from CGC. (shrug)

Yup.

We board graders tend to be conservative. Books typically will come back higher than our estimates. Also, CGC lately seems to be a lot more forgiving of flaws in books FN or better.

On 2/10/2022 at 6:18 PM, Funnybooks said:

8.0 not a given

appears to exhibit some tape pull on the back cover?

Safely 7.0...maybe 7.5 after C&P

There was a price tag and someone removed it before I got the comic.

There is also a small, very sharp tear on the edge where the tag was...

@Februus Thank you very much :)

Edited by ivan_henger