• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reholder question regarding microchamber paper shift
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have an Marvel Spotlight 5 CGC 8.0 white pager, and the microchamber paper shifted downwards, so now it is visible (no damage to the case or anything like that). My question is, would I be able to get this reholdered to have the paper put back in place (or a new paper?) without risking it regraded and getting a different grade or page quality designation? I know reholder questions are asked all the time, but I haven't seen any regarding this, and maybe it is a unique situation since I assume the cover of the book would have to be opened to replace or reset the paper. 

I know it isn't an issue to keep it like this, other then it being a bit of an eye sore for my OCD self. 

image.thumb.png.960614bb5deaf1228f45ca275d144a7f.png

image.thumb.png.240d5634d5af9405310f38226c7ec4bf.png

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your email.  Yes, we can definitely reholder that and get that microchamber paper back inside the book.  We do see this happen from time to time and it usually is not a problem to fix. The grade assigned to the book should not change, unless any damage occurred to the book post encapsulation. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!