• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC In House Signing with Jock 12/8/21

7 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2022 at 7:12 PM, Ryan. said:

How do you feel about them? 

The Batman is about what I expected for the price ($100 more than the signature). Definitely disappointed with the WW effort. Mark was so wonderful to meet in person. We did a meet and greet in Toronto a few years ago and I had an extra blank... he drew a small logo and signed it. It was cool to have something a little extra for attending the function. He certainly came across as engaging and a good person.

I have been looking at the many awesome remarks that Arthur Adams, Walt Simonson and Bill Sienkiewicz did at these CGC signings and I hoped. Yes, I was disappointed.

It's hard to figure out some of these in house signings. Some of the sketches and/or remarks are coming out great and some were clearly rushed through. More and more I'm passing on the signings, figuring its easier to just buy one from a seller after the fact, often for the same or cheaper than the cost of the signing itself. 

I am sorry to have missed out on the Sienkiewicz remarks. Bill went above and beyond and I am a huge fan.

I did get two books in for the Frank Cho remarks, so we shall see.