• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Dell 937
3 3

9 posts in this topic

It is a great looking copy.  I don't see any real noticeable defects. Which means its probably in the realm of 9.2/9.4.  I assume there are probably some non-color breaking defects with that judgment; so if those exist (angle the book to a light source and dance it around to see if they pop up) then it could potentially garner 9.6 with a press and a luck-shot.

I've seen books with oxidized staples get 9.6's.

It looks like there is some color rub/ loss on the front bottom center and through the upper left Dell Logo.  Do those look production related?  If not they will probably be hammered.

- bounty

On 1/21/2022 at 6:00 PM, bounty_coder said:

its probably in the realm of 9.2/9.4

I agree.

9.2/9.4

Sharp-looking book. Thanks for sharing.

On 1/21/2022 at 7:00 PM, bounty_coder said:

It is a great looking copy.  I don't see any real noticeable defects. Which means its probably in the realm of 9.2/9.4.  I assume there are probably some non-color breaking defects with that judgment; so if those exist (angle the book to a light source and dance it around to see if they pop up) then it could potentially garner 9.6 with a press and a luck-shot.

I've seen books with oxidized staples get 9.6's.

It looks like there is some color rub/ loss on the front bottom center and through the upper left Dell Logo.  Do those look production related?  If not they will probably be hammered.

- bounty

Those are definitely roller marks from the printer, not after affects. There is a slight dent in the cover that can't be seen in the photo. There's not a single spine crease on the book at all. In hand, personally, I think it's 9.4 as it is. I'm going to have it pressed and graded. This is a file copy BTW.

For some bizarre reason a 9.6 file copy just sold last month on Heritage for $6000. It is the sole 9.6. Wish me luck! :grin: