• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slightly damaged slab?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is the right board for this, so feel free to direct me to the right place if I’m off.

I bought a slabbed Negan Lives and it’s my first CGC slabbed book, so I’m wondering about the condition.  There’s a small piece of plastic inside of the book, which was clearly from the slab itself.

It also looks very slightly separated at the top, and the book shifts very slightly when it’s moved.  I’m attaching pics, hopefully they show what I’m talking about.

How normal are these issues?  And are they issues at all?

Thanks!

F3679A33-0EA1-415F-B12D-26418AAAB3D9.jpeg

B807C772-118B-4914-8DC8-3C151F3235EB.jpeg

D30B8BC6-AF7D-43CF-ABA6-746170BD5A16.jpeg

A81E5FCD-0B79-44F7-A2DA-5606E2888FAA.jpeg

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. The holder might have been damaged at some point since it was graded which caused a piece to break off inside the holder.  We do offer a reholdering service but in this case, since you were not the original submitter, you would have to pay for that if you were to send it in yourself.  You might want to check back with the person you purchased the book from to see if they can get that reholdered for you.

If you do wish to submit the book yourself, you would have to be a paid member of our collector's society.  You can find out more here: How to Submit | CGC (cgccomics.com)

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!