• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade or Restoration? Marvel Keys
2 2

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm having a difficult time deciding if I want to keep these books as is or if it would be worth restoration? I'd like them to look their best and I have mixed feelings about restoration, but also think it would be nice to see them looking better consider the issues with each. If you have any experience with restoration, I would love to hear your thoughts. Otherwise, I'm also interested in knowing what grade these could reach with restoration?

IMG_6310.JPG

IMG_6311.JPG

IMG_6329.JPG

IMG_6330.JPG

I personally prefer blue labels but everything has its time and place. So I never say never, especially if the structural integrity of the book is an issue. In your case, the books look fine. As a blue label, i would see them as 2.0 ish. Not sure whats the highest grade you would get with extensive restoration. Maybe a 5 to 6.0 ? There are a million other boardies here will be able to inform you way better than me. But my advice is to keep the books as they are. Or sell them and buy nicer copies.