• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Mutants 100 2nd and 3rd print confusion
1 1

7 posts in this topic

So from my understanding the 3rd print is the white background with silver 100s and the 2nd print is a white background with gold 100s. GPA doesn't mention a gold print edition though it exists, and CGC has silver font 100s listed as 2nd print. What am I missing here?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

if there's no recorded sales on GPA, they won't mention them.  Is that a possibility?  Its not a popular comic, there's relatively few slabbed copies relative to the 3rd and 1st print.

GPA Scroll down below all the 1st print graded sales to view 2nd print gold sales. Scroll down further below 2nd print sales to view 3rd print silver sales.

@KCode98

I think your second silver is actually a 3rd print book with a 2nd print label.

Edited by Catwomancomics

On 1/24/2022 at 9:03 PM, Catwomancomics said:

I think your second silver is actually a 3rd print book with a 2nd print label.

This. Marvel's second prints for a few years featured gold ink (with a few exceptions, such as Silver Surfer 50, but that's probably because that already had a special print treatment on the regular edition).

On 1/24/2022 at 9:34 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

This. Marvel's second prints for a few years featured gold ink (with a few exceptions, such as Silver Surfer 50, but that's probably because that already had a special print treatment on the regular edition).

Double this.  The gold is 2nd and silver is 3rd.  The one CGC label is an error stating the 3rd as the 2nd.