• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Line's MORTAL KOMBAT 2 (TBD)

61 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2022 at 4:24 AM, The Meta said:

The only thing that movie overachieved was cheese

And people thought the 90s movie was cheesy. And it was. But it was also enjoyable, had a story you could follow and characters with depth and logic

Have you ever seen MK: Annihilation? 

On 7/20/2022 at 2:26 PM, Cat said:

Have you ever seen MK: Annihilation? 

Yes and that was on par with this one. Maybe worse. I can't remember the TV show, so probably not as bad as that

On 7/21/2022 at 4:30 AM, The Meta said:

Yes and that was on par with this one. Maybe worse. I can't remember the TV show, so probably not as bad as that

Conquest? That was pretty bad, but not as bad as Annihilation, funnily enough. Annihilation is just a disaster video on repeat, there's no way we could get a worse movie than that. 

There's also the two recent animated movies. They're pretty decent. The first goes over the basics we all know, with some twists on the familiar. Then the second is a bit more original, and more enjoyable.

On 7/20/2022 at 2:34 PM, Cat said:

Conquest? That was pretty bad, but not as bad as Annihilation, funnily enough. Annihilation is just a disaster video on repeat, there's no way we could get a worse movie than that. 

There's also the two recent animated movies. They're pretty decent. The first goes over the basics we all know, with some twists on the familiar. Then the second is a bit more original, and more enjoyable.

Haven't seen the animated versions, which is surprising because I've seen the animated Street Fighter, Tekken and Fatal Fury, all of which were pretty awesome. Tekken was the worst out of all those 

On 7/21/2022 at 4:39 AM, The Meta said:

Haven't seen the animated versions, which is surprising because I've seen the animated Street Fighter, Tekken and Fatal Fury, all of which were pretty awesome. Tekken was the worst out of all those 

Give them a watch. They're on Netflix here in Oz, do check yours, could be on there? Scorpion's is the first one, Battle Of The Realms is the sequel. 

On 7/20/2022 at 2:41 PM, Cat said:

Give them a watch. They're on Netflix here in Oz, do check yours, could be on there? Scorpion's is the first one, Battle Of The Realms is the sequel. 

Give the Fatal Fury trilogy a watch. The first two are alright, but the third is really well done

On 7/21/2022 at 4:44 AM, The Meta said:

Give the Fatal Fury trilogy a watch. The first two are alright, but the third is really well done

I'll check those out. Didn't even know they existed. 

While speaking exclusively with Screen Rant to discuss his role in Law & Order season 22, Mehcad Brooks opened up about his potential Mortal Kombat 2 return. Though noting he couldn't share anything "in great detail," the Jax actor did offer a promising update, confirming hearing rumbling of his being involved in the sequel. Representatives for Brooks have since noted to Screen Rant they cannot disclose any confirmations on his Mortal Kombat 2 return at the time of writing.

"I've heard some pretty exciting updates. Nothing I can get into in great detail at this very moment, but expect to see Jax back, new and improved and with these motherf-----s working."

Given Jeremy Slater is taking over writing duties, it's unclear whether the sequel will retain the original trilogy plans and include the titular tournament, but with the lore of the Mortal Kombat games frequently showing characters coming back from the dead, many of the original cast could make their way back, along with the soon-to-be-introduced Johnny Cage.

Not my first choice at all, but I can actually kinda see it, if I squint, I guess? 

I actually think I liked that wrestler guy better. I can't remember his name though. The Miss? 

Edited by Cat

On 5/5/2023 at 7:41 AM, Cat said:

Not my first choice at all, but I can actually kinda see it, if I squint, I guess? 

I actually think I liked that wrestler guy better. I can't remember his name though. The Miss? 

I would say the Miz looks the part a lot more than Urban

jonny.jpg

On 5/5/2023 at 10:41 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

I would say the Miz looks the part a lot more than Urban

jonny.jpg

That's the guy. 

Fanart of Karl Urban as Johnny Cage for those who are struggling to picture it.

hqsiuj7679ya1.jpg.905a946c04d4afc1b831a6f7999661b8.jpg

On 5/20/2023 at 3:19 AM, Bosco685 said:

Skarlet had better be there, too. (tsk) I'm liking those guests though. Much better than previous entries for me. They were good characters, but they tended to have uninteresting fighting styles. Not this time round.