• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Line's MORTAL KOMBAT 2 (TBD)

61 posts in this topic

If anyone wants to see the Gameplay Reveal for Mortal Kombat 1, here's the video. The actual play left me dry, but there's some interesting story concepts, like Scorpion and Sub-Zero being actual brothers now, and Mileena's jaw being the result of a disease. We'll see, we'll see. I've already got it preordered so I'm committed, it just didn't look very MK-like to me, which is by virtue of what the story is doing. 

On 6/22/2023 at 8:05 PM, Bosco685 said:

Damn, so no Skarlet casting huh? Left out of the film, left out of the new game. Times are tough. :cry:

The preorder beta is this weekend. I've been having fun with the game. There's 6 characters to choose from, and 4 Kameos. I'm not a fan of the Kameo mechanic, and unfortunately from what we've heard there's no way to scrap it, so you're stuck with it, which is annoying. I'd have preferred they put those resources into more fighters. 

Li Mei looks awesome in fights, just constant explosions of pink fireworks. I thought great, I'll play as her. I can't pull off her moves, so I get the occasional fizzle. Then I tried Kenshi, and he was much more amenable to my playstyle. I had a ball with him, he's pretty good, and Kano seemed to be the best of the 4 Kameos, so they were a good combo, although Frost was handy too.

The fatalities didn't feel any different to MK11, and I even got some brutalities. It all felt familiar. Too familiar, which was the problem. It felt too soon for another game that seemed too similar, even though it's been 4 years since MK11 released. If this game mode has something different, they should have previewed it in the Beta, because it all felt too familiar with what we did get, just like a new advanced Kombat Pack. 

Still, it was fun, and I want to play the Kampaign, so I'm still down for the $150 edition come September 19th.

Any else in on it? 

Mortal Kombat 2 Producer Offers Possible Look at Video Game Location

Mortal Kombat 2 producer Todd Garner has spent the last few weeks sharing images from the set, as a way to build hype for the upcoming sequel. The images are often vague, and don't offer anything too significant, but they have helped to generate excitement from Mortal Kombat fans, as well as a fair bit of speculation. The latest of these is more interesting than most, as it could offer a hint at a location from the video games! In the image, some steel spikes can be seen sticking up in the air. Naturally, this has led to fans guessing that the Pit will appear in Mortal Kombat 2!