• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC 100 page census

42 posts in this topic

Does anyone actually care about these other than Greggy and Deathlok?

Don't include me in that group. Just Greggy and Icefires.

Interesting.

Yet your DC 100 page CGC registry is second only to Greggy. confused-smiley-013.gif

Only because nobody has bothered to enter a stronger Registry set. Where are all your slabbed 100-pagers?

So who is that Deathlok guy in the CGC Registry?

That's my set, but I am not actively trying to complete it. Everytime a 100 pager comes up for auction, Icefires is always bidding waaaay over GPA for them, so I haven't bought any 100 pagers in awhile.

Interesting.

Yet your DC 100 page CGC registry is second only to Greggy. confused-smiley-013.gif

Only because nobody has bothered to enter a stronger Registry set. Where are all your slabbed 100-pagers?

Last time I checked (this morning), they were in our spare bedroom closet.

Interesting.

So when are you going to enter them in the registry?

So who is that Deathlok guy in the CGC Registry?

That's my set, but I am not actively trying to complete it. Everytime a 100 pager comes up for auction, Icefires is always bidding waaaay over GPA for them, so I haven't bought any 100 pagers in awhile.

Well....actually.....the last 3 auctions I bid on.....

Weird Mystery Tales #4 CGC 9.2 (Oct 14) - my max bid $110.00, auction cancelled by seller.

DC-15 CGC 9.8 (Oct 11) - my max bid $45.00, sold for $350.55.

Shazam 16 CGC 9.8 (Oct 5) - my max bid $218.00, sold for $255.00.

Damn, there are crazier people out there than me

Interesting.

So when are you going to enter them in the registry?

When I have all 9.8's, or when I'm dead, which ever comes first.

Sure, I think 100-pagers are really cool. I don't "specialize" in them or anything, but I'll always buy one if I can find a nice copy for a good price. Especially the horror and romance books. As usual I like them raw and 8.0 to 9.2

P.S. Guys, I was referring to the CGC ultra-high grade copies like those seen on the Census. gossip.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif

If it's just trying to get the best high grade 100 page collection, then maybe it's just Greggy and myself. confused-smiley-013.gif

Having said that, I know Mr. Loey is a few light years ahead of me. But I'm in no hurry.

Then there a those high grade collectors who are working on specific titles that contain a few 100 pagers like Detective, Batman, Brave & Bold, JLA, etc.

Last, there are the folks who buy a top graded book like the #6 CGC 9.6 (what a beauty!) every once in a while.

I know there is no money to be made in these. In fact, I have been hoping prices will go down.

I care about them, but not from a obsessive completist point of view. I have enough other stuff to obsess over completing. tongue.gif

I'm personally actively pursuing the first 10 issues in high grade - DC-4 thru DC-13, in their various titles. Not easy to find in high grade, which makes the pursuit fun, yet challenging. I have nice copies of 4, 5, 6, 10, and 11, but need to upgrade my 7, 8, 9, 12, and 13...anyone? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I bought a nice 9.6 from greggy and am very pleased with it. I now only need batman 238 and 254 ( i think). Batman only. I would like to collect the rest some day.

And don't forget the Batman 257 9.6 you recently bought from the banned one. hi.gif