• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Backordered Mandatory items for Signature...???

6 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I see Chris Claremont is available for a signing. He is my favorite writer and I have just the book for him to sign.

HOWEVER...it states 

"Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted"

These 'bags" and the Shipping Kits have been on back order FOREVER so how do I get them in time to send in for the signing?

Thanks everyone!
-= MS =-

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. We are sorry about the backordered items on our CCG store.  A number of retailers do sell window bags but you can also make your own from regular bags.  It is not required to use CGC's bags.  

Here is a link on how to make your own window bags found in a post on our chat boards:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/241753-how-to-window-bag-your-books-for-ss-with-photos/

image.png

If you have any questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Thank you for the response.

Honestly I dont mind about a quality drop, this is for me and will remain with me. I do hope to meet Chris Claremont one day in person. I have so much respect for him.

Do we need to use CGC Boxes to ship? They are also on back order from the shop.

Thanks again.

On 2/3/2022 at 6:57 AM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your message. We are sorry about the backordered items on our CCG store.  A number of retailers do sell window bags but you can also make your own from regular bags.  It is not required to use CGC's bags.  

Here is a link on how to make your own window bags found in a post on our chat boards:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/241753-how-to-window-bag-your-books-for-ss-with-photos/

image.png

If you have any questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

I had no idea we could use other window bags. I've been waiting for three weeks on my back order and I'm sweating bullets that I'm going to miss out on the Mark Bagley event. Can you tell me which retailers sell approved window bags?

• Administrator

Hi, you certainly do not have to use our shipping kits or window bags when sending in your books.  We merely offer them in our CCG store as a lot of customers aren't sure where to get items like this and we wanted to make it convenient for customers.  We are sorry about the backordered items and hope to have them back in stock soon.  But in the meantime, if you are wanting to send something in for one of the upcoming signings, I would go ahead and use your own materials so as not to miss the cut off date for that signing.  

Thank you!