• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transformers #1 1984 SS CGC 9.6 WP Peter Cullen Frank Welker 13x Signed *Cracked Case
2 2

10 posts in this topic

So here is a bit of a sad seller story.  I sold this book on the bay in December for $1300 and the buyer decided he doesn't want it.  I authorize the return without much thought.  When I mail my slabs, I bubble wrap and do the box in box 1092/1095 method.  Well guess what the inconsiderate buyer sends it back in?  Just a thin bubble mailer nothing else around it.  Of course, it comes back to me damaged.  Normally, it wouldn't be too bad to replace the slab, but this is a unique signature book where 11 of the signatures are on the slab itself.  Can't really replace the slab without losing 11 of the 13 signatures, so I glued the slab back together.  

Well here it is for sale at a discounted rate to the forum.  

$1000 gets the book.  Shipping is $15 for slabs in the US. I will ship to Canada at cost.
Check/MO for payment

Transformers #1 1984 SS CGC 9.6 WP Peter Cullen (Voice of Optimus Prime) Frank Welker (Voice of Megatron) CGC witnessed signatures on the book

11 of the other signatures on the slab:

Alan Oppenhiemer:

Transformers:

Warpath, Seaspray, and Beachcomber

Michael Bell

as Autobot Prowl, Scrapper, Sideswipe, Bombshell, First Aid, Swoop, Gort, Brainstorm and Doctor Fujiyama in The Transformers and The Transformers: The Movie

Jon Bailey

Transformers combiner wars

Optimus Prime

Gregg Berger

as Grimlock in The Transformers and its feature film, The Transformers: The Movie.

Frank Todaro

Transformers Combiner wars

Starscream

Garry Chalk

Transformers Beast wars

Optimus primal

Richard Newman

Transformers beast Wars

Rhinox

Bob Budiansky

Transofrmers comics Writer

Jason Marnocha

Transformers Combiner wars

Megatron

Michael McConnohie

Transformers G1 Tracks and Cosmos

and one other person who I can't remember.

Transformers GPA.JPG

consider selling this in copper/modern.  I know the bronze/copper line sometimes dips into 1984, but I don't think many people think of this as a bronze book. good luck.

On 2/2/2022 at 6:31 PM, revat said:

consider selling this in copper/modern.  I know the bronze/copper line sometimes dips into 1984, but I don't think many people think of this as a bronze book. good luck.

Yeah I actually googled when does Bronze Age end, and it said 1985. So I figured try here first.  

Anyone know if we allowed to post in both threads?  

On 2/2/2022 at 6:04 PM, Bluemedgroup said:
On 2/2/2022 at 4:31 PM, revat said:

Yeah I actually googled when does Bronze Age end, and it said 1985. So I figured try here first.  

Anyone know if we allowed to post in both threads?  

you can't do both at the same time.  

you're not wrong that bronze age in many cases extended into 1985 (kinda depends on the book), just that typically new stuff from the 80's is considered copper.  Its more about getting views from a certain kind of potential buyer than the technical year.  But pretty subjective over all.

IF at some point you close down thread, perhaps you can consider trying next time in the copper/modern.  Either way, hope it sells. good luck.

On 2/2/2022 at 9:12 PM, revat said:

you're not wrong that bronze age in many cases extended into 1985 (kinda depends on the book), just that typically new stuff from the 80's is considered copper.  

+1, though I'd personally start Copper at no later than 82 due to some high profile books like GI Joe and Wolverine both starting in 82. Just makes it easier. 1984 stuff like Macross and Transformers is firmly copper by any definition I've seen.  Star Wars and Eternals = Bronze.  I can't think of high profile series that started in 1980-1981 to move the needle further.

If it's in the middle of a series, then I suppose an early 80s book might be considered bronze.  I'd probably look at whose run it was and if they were at the end of a 70s run or the start of an 80s run.  For instance Thor 337 (1983) I'd call a Copper both by date and by the fact it was the start of Simonson's run.  Trickier is X-Men due to Claremont's epic run.  I can't rightly call X-Men 129 or 137 (1980) copper books, though it's tempting.  And there aren't many keys to choose from after that.  

1982.  That's my final answer.