• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spider-Man #1 (Vol. 1 - 1990) - Two issues and two scuffs
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Considering to send in two raw copies of Spider-Man #1 (Vol. 1 - 1990). What are your thoughts on a grade? There is a scuff on both issues in nearly the same exact spot. These could be publishing issues or happend while stacked on the LCS shelf back in the day. I bought them off the shelf, bagged and never read.

Thanks!

IMG_7299.jpg

IMG_7300.jpg

IMG_7301.jpg

IMG_7302.jpg

Edited by mergebow1

The book appears to be very nice, from the pics you posted these books are probably in the NM 9.4 range, however...

My eyes are not so good, could you please point out the scuff marks?

You should also post pics of the rear cover.

Also, bagged books get damaged even if they are never handled, the seam in the bag causes damage to the book.

They appear to be very small, may have happened from rubbing on the bag during shipping...?

Can you see them clearly just by looking at the cover in normal light or do you have to look really close to see them?

If they are nearly imperceptible in normal light they may not affect the grade, if they are easily noticeable at worse, IMO, it may drop the grade to a NM- 9.2 or VF/NM 9.0.

I have 3 copies of this book, two are bagged, I just looked with a 10x illuminated magnifying glass and none of them have those scuffs.

Probably hopeful thinking they are a class-production issue. I my gut says they happend post publshing- anytime from when they were shipped and landed on the LCS shelf. To be honest, I hadn't looks at these in years and never noticed the scuffs before. They are so tiny that at first I thought when I saw the first one, that they were a white space dot and part of the prinitng. It wasn't until I looked at both and realized they are not in the exact same place, but they are so similar. You do have to look very close to see them and they don't jump off the cover.

Thanks again for your insights!