• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
2 2

24 posts in this topic

Hi all just two books for sale will leave them up over the weekend If the don't sell back in the vault they go. Normal rules apply :takeit:rules all and of course will listen to your PM's .Check or MO only and I will have to wait for check to clear prior to shipment. No returns on CGC books Shipping is included Thanks!

Edited by goldenacase

On 2/4/2022 at 2:23 PM, goldenacase said:

Not to sure how to price this if it sells quickly :cry: otherwise would listen to PMs    Planet Comics 56 CGC 9.4 White Pages Church Pedigree $15,500

CCB7898E-B98A-486E-BB29-AEBDC0F7692D.jpeg.9a0e5dcde0b59c96afe450f26fac9a21.jpeg

This is my favorite cover in the entire run, and one of the wildest covers of the Golden Age IMHO.  Does anyone know what's going on in this story?  What is the bad guy doing to these women exactly?

On 2/4/2022 at 7:26 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

This is my favorite cover in the entire run, and one of the wildest covers of the Golden Age IMHO.  Does anyone know what's going on in this story?  What is the bad guy doing to these women exactly?

You have great taste.   This is my favorite cover of the run as well.   

On 2/4/2022 at 4:26 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I think it's a routine exam and he's giving them the option of saline or silicone.  (shrug)

On 2/4/2022 at 4:26 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Building one from scratch

On 2/4/2022 at 10:22 PM, Blackmask said:

Building one from scratch

Doesn't seem that way ... the electrical connections along the top show that all but the last tube are powered up, and the eye (at least in our culture) is trained to go from left to right so we're seeing a progression whereby the leftmost is furthest along in the process.  Whatever that process is, it clearly seems to be not good and these women are under threat. They seem to be disintegrating or something, though it's interesting to note that even the one at the far left is still normal from the neck up.  By not showing that one as a full skeleton or a pile of dust, the art stops short of crossing the line into horror.

Not knowing the book, I have no idea if any of these women (particularly the one at the far right who hasn't yet been harmed) is a named character that the hero and the reader especially care about.  In fact when I've glanced at the Planet covers in general I have a hard time tracing an arc at all so I honestly have almost no idea what's going on in this title at all.  lol  But the covers sure are cool.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:44 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Doesn't seem that way ... the electrical connections along the top show that all but the last tube are powered up, and the eye (at least in our culture) is trained to go from left to right so we're seeing a progression whereby the leftmost is furthest along in the process.  Whatever that process is, it clearly seems to be not good and these women are under threat. They seem to be disintegrating or something, though it's interesting to note that even the one at the far left is still normal from the neck up.  By not showing that one as a full skeleton or a pile of dust, the art stops short of crossing the line into horror.

Not knowing the book, I have no idea if any of these women (particularly the one at the far right who hasn't yet been harmed) is a named character that the hero and the reader especially care about.  In fact when I've glanced at the Planet covers in general I have a hard time tracing an arc at all so I honestly have almost no idea what's going on in this title at all.  lol  But the covers sure are cool.

From the GCD (unfortunately):

Indexer Notes

The cover image is a generic sf cover that actually appears to feature The Red Comet who hasn't appeared in Planet Comics for years.