• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do any of you remove your comics from the slabs to make more space?
4 4

108 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2022 at 12:48 AM, lou_fine said:

Hmmmmm, a storage unit from a security point of view.........................have you never heard of the Alfred Pennyworth collection of books that were almost not to be, until the owner managed to have the luck of the angles on his side in the end?  hm

1) No one said to store your comics in the storage unit. Use the storage unit to store other things to make space in your inner sanctom for your comics. 

2) Keeping boxes of low worth comics in a storage unit can create, shall we say, an opportunity in the event someone does pilfer the unit. If you are into that sort of thing.

On 2/10/2022 at 7:03 AM, lizards2 said:

The thing about storage units - unless they are climate controlled, comics and their pages will degrade fast.

Not good storage to be in ever-fluctuating temperatures and changing or poor humidity.

Agree 100%!

On 2/10/2022 at 6:03 AM, lizards2 said:

The thing about storage units - unless they are climate controlled, comics and their pages will degrade fast.

Not good storage to be in ever-fluctuating temperatures and changing or poor humidity.

The other thing is theft. How many times have we heard of thefts from storage units?

If you can’t keep your books where you have control of them, sell some of them off. 

How many people just store 100s or thousands of comics they will never read or look at? Not to mention having to pay monthly for them. 

On 2/10/2022 at 3:14 PM, Robot Man said:

How many people just store 100s or thousands of comics they will never read or look at? 

:hi: 

On 2/10/2022 at 3:33 PM, Robot Man said:

Try doing this. Nothing like converting a few long boxes into a few real nice books! (My view all day Sunday in front of me). 

C05F5AC1-B3F3-4244-9BD6-ED3778B6DF01.jpeg

412DCB97-7E0F-4118-8E21-FC4CAD274457.jpeg

Yeah - I don't live where there are people, and don't want to start now.

On 2/9/2022 at 1:26 PM, lizards2 said:

I've got a CGC 9.4 SA Adventure with a 1/4" hard corner crease that I couldn't see in the eBay listing - basically it is hidden by well edge. What the?  I'm not busting that one out - Can't wait to find a real VFNM or better copy, and unload the CGC copy. I have adjusted my grading system to allow that type of a defect up to 9.2, due to CGC. In the old days, it was a guaranteed VG.

I purchased a CGC 7.5 SA Green Lantern 13, and that sucker had a detached lower staple - what the? Was if from shipping?  I finally purchased grader's notes before I sold it, and sure enough, "lower staple detached".

I'm down to almost always checking grader's notes prior to CGC purchases now.

So many people think that CGC grading is stricter than it was in " the old days". But I've seen 6.0's that wouldn't have even been considered VG before slabbing.

Edited by Larryw7