• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rejects and Billing

2 posts in this topic

Let's say you submit a bunch of books and a couple get rejected. Does the reason for the rejection dictate whether or not you get charged? Let's say they get rejected for explicit gore/sex. I'm assuming that the graders make this decision and they won't even grade the books. Am I still charged? Let's say they're rejected for too much overhang. Can I assume this is not a decision that the graders make, but rather the encapsulater. I'm guessing they've already been graded by the time they're rejected. Am I still charged?

Am I charged for all rejects, regardless of why?

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  Yes, it does depend on the reason why the book could not be graded.  Some reasons for not grading a book do have a small processing fee associated.  This would apply mainly to books where there is a question of authenticity or if the book is not suitable for grading due to damage.  You can find more information here: Collectibles That Are Not Encapsulated | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Based on the reasons you have provided on why your books were not graded, those would not be charged and any grading fees would be refunded.

Thank you!