• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's a pretty book...any flaws?....TEC 416

11 posts in this topic

The back upper right corner is not a water mark. It's a small production/printers crease.

I need to learn all the acronyms.

FC front cover

URFC upper right front cover

URBC upper right back cover

TE ??

Interesting Aces,

What makes you think as low as 9.2.

It's better than any book I picked up off the stands in the 1970's.

Except not as white, but still has nice off white pages.

????

Interesting Aces,

What makes you think as low as 9.2.

It's better than any book I picked up off the stands in the 1970's.

Except not as white, but still has nice off white pages.

????

Color break on spine center (could be a ink thing and not a stress mark in which case 9.4 for sure). Also impact stress along top above the 1st "T" in "DETECTIVE".

Again it might be nothing...

But it's a DC so any little bump and whammy!

9.2 frown.gif

Aces,

Ink thing on the spine, no crease,

Very ever so slight something above the T in detective, no color breaking or even lines to speak of. Scanner picked up the slight discrepancy in distance from the scanner bed. I could hold the scanner cover down and make it go away 100%.

But, Good eye, I'm thinking send it in and see what kind of DC punishment I can take from CGC.

Again, I've been talking about submitting to CGC for years, and haven't yet.

I'll wait for hurricane season to end. But this book will be for sale in the future.

I don't even do the GPA thing as I don't trade in graded often. The closest I come to knowing the value is reading CBG, and regretting the fact that CBM no longer exists, so I'm guessing if it hits 9.4 it's only worth $100 or so anyway. If it makes a 9.6 who knows?