• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - JIM 83 - Grade is in
6 6

27 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2022 at 8:07 PM, Point Five said:

(Not the most important thing here I realize, but *$6.98 in 1963 money* for a pair of friggin' sea horses? That's like $60-70 today!)

And they're only about $8 in 2022.

Someone had a racket going on.

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the last page to share. If I decide to keep the book, I'll crack the slab and post pictures of the last page. Taking the weekend to decide what to do. Thanks again.

On 3/9/2022 at 5:36 AM, Nilo2 said:

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the last page to share. If I decide to keep the book, I'll crack the slab and post pictures of the last page. Taking the weekend to decide what to do. Thanks again.

My mother always says infamously to me, "Take one day at a time."   I had apparent restored JIM #83 and ASM #1 and sold them too quickly.  That was ten years ago. Yes, I was not happy about the restorations even both books are in a good shape but someone did a terrible job to restore both books but both are worth about 15 times than I paid today.  I should have  listened to my mother in a first place.

Take one day at a time.

Edited by JollyComics

I definitely think more pictures of the page that is detached and where it should line up would help. If it is truly a match and from the book, CGC SHOULD correct their error if notified and regrade and re-encapsulate for you (on their dime I would request per their error)

If it is in fact married, well to me you've done no worse as you might wish to send to CBCS anyways to avoid the green label.