• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers 1 Grade
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I am not an expert on restoration, It is the lower staple that stands out, both are off centered but there are not any extra staple holes so one would assume they were placed off center during the bindery process. The upper staple is discolored/rusted and the lower staple is clean.

I do agree on the grade VG 4.0 - VG+ 4.5, I do not know how CGC would view this, IMO the staples should have no impact on a book in VG 4.0 as long as the cover is attached, however, I completely understand with the amount of $ on the line.

https://www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/detecting-restoration/staple-manipulation/#:~:text=There might also be some,staple has been tampered with.

"I am not an expert on restoration, It is the lower staple that stands out, both are off centered but there are not any extra staple holes so one would assume they were placed off center during the bindery process. The upper staple is discolored/rusted and the lower staple is clean."

So if they were put in comic at bindery, how can one staple age faster than other unless top one exposed to more air/moisture. And how is that done without more tanning on top of comic or some sign of water damage there?? I think the lower one was replaced.

It’s already sold .. Those staples looked ok to me .. why do only one? seems like you do both and not leave a discolored one .. 4.0 to 4.5 .. top looks exposed to more moisture may explain things.. 5k pretty gutsy pickup.. fortune favors the bold.. 25F6C7F9-ACE6-4529-BC64-F4CC42CA383F.thumb.jpeg.0cec117f045b32841b3e8871cc0eeee7.jpegi

Edited by Februus