• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics graded with or W/O insert card

5 posts in this topic

Would you send off comics of the same issue date a number. With or without insert card. I did and experiential and sent off multiples of MIghty Morphin power rangers 1.  As a collector I thought one would want the entire comic to be complete with card insert.. however it received a lower grade due to impressions on front cover..

one without graded a 9.8

opinions

I am not familiar with this book, do you have a pic?

Normally if something is missing it is listed on the label, such as the "Tattooz" missing from ASM 238 or the Marvel Value Stamps being cut out and is given a Green Qualified Label or a major deduction for a Universal Blue Label.

The damage done by the card falls into the same category as a "bagged" comic, some folks believe that the book being in the bag and never handled/opened should be in "mint" condition, unfortunately the bag itself (the seam) causes damage to the book just as your insert card did.

As far as collectability, it is a question of personal taste, some want it complete with all additional items enclosed and will not care about the indentation, and others just want a high grade book.

The last question would be, could this indentation have been removed with a "press"?

On 2/11/2022 at 12:27 PM, Harvey kornicks said:

Would you send off comics of the same issue date a number. With or without insert card. I did and experiential and sent off multiples of MIghty Morphin power rangers 1.  As a collector I thought one would want the entire comic to be complete with card insert.. however it received a lower grade due to impressions on front cover..

one without graded a 9.8

opinions

I dunno the book, but if there's a card, I'm assuming the book was originally bagged?  And it sounds like you sent one book bagged, and one unbagged and the unbagged book returned with a higher grade?  This is a fairly common thing since the ridges of the bag will leave an impression on the book over time.  A press will cost like $10 + shipping depending on who you have press your book.