is this price for real?
2 2

9 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2022 at 12:11 AM, 1950's war comics said:

would help you but i am seriously afraid to click on that huge of a link

removed the link and added the pic. Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s an asking price. An SGC 9 sold for $155(Best offer) last month and a PSA 10 for $865.  
I wouldn’t think a 9.5 would go for 9x the ask of a 9, but I don’t follow this market too closely.

Also this listing has been up for over four months, so this may just be a way to draw attention to the seller's other listings. 2c

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2022 at 1:03 AM, steveinthecity said:

It’s an asking price. An SGC 9 sold for $155(Best offer) last month and a PSA 10 for $865.  
I wouldn’t think a 9.5 would go for 9x the ask of a 9, but I don’t follow this market too closely.

Also this listing has been up for over four months, so this may just be a way to draw attention to the seller's other listings. 2c

Still 155 were more than i expected :). Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can TRY TO SELL something for whatever price you want

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Puffery

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In everyday language, puffery refers to exaggerated or false praise. [1] Puffery serves to "puff up" what is being described. In law, puffery is usually invoked as a defense argument: it identifies futile speech, typically of a seller, which does not give rise to legal liability. In a circular manner, legal explanations for this normative position describe the non-enforceable speech as a statement that no "reasonable person" would take seriously anyway.[2

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2022 at 11:14 PM, poke_naynay said:

I can list a bent in half Caterpie card for $100,000,000 but that doesn't mean it's worth that or will sell for that.

 

On 2/13/2022 at 11:14 PM, poke_naynay said:

I can list a bent in half Caterpie card for $100,000,000 but that doesn't mean it's worth that or will sell for that.

 

On 2/13/2022 at 3:54 AM, revat said:

You can TRY TO SELL something for whatever price you want

I know that you can list whatever price you want, but if a price is way way beyond reasonable :) then would you not lose a potential buyer. If i m looking to buy that card, and see it listed like 5-10 time a "normal" price would be, then i wont bother taking a closer look at the card or seller at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2