• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is this price for real?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

It’s an asking price. An SGC 9 sold for $155(Best offer) last month and a PSA 10 for $865.  
I wouldn’t think a 9.5 would go for 9x the ask of a 9, but I don’t follow this market too closely.

Also this listing has been up for over four months, so this may just be a way to draw attention to the seller's other listings. 2c

On 2/13/2022 at 1:03 AM, steveinthecity said:

It’s an asking price. An SGC 9 sold for $155(Best offer) last month and a PSA 10 for $865.  
I wouldn’t think a 9.5 would go for 9x the ask of a 9, but I don’t follow this market too closely.

Also this listing has been up for over four months, so this may just be a way to draw attention to the seller's other listings. 2c

Still 155 were more than i expected :). Thanks

You can TRY TO SELL something for whatever price you want

Puffery

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In everyday language, puffery refers to exaggerated or false praise. [1] Puffery serves to "puff up" what is being described. In law, puffery is usually invoked as a defense argument: it identifies futile speech, typically of a seller, which does not give rise to legal liability. In a circular manner, legal explanations for this normative position describe the non-enforceable speech as a statement that no "reasonable person" would take seriously anyway.[2

On 2/13/2022 at 11:14 PM, poke_naynay said:

I can list a bent in half Caterpie card for $100,000,000 but that doesn't mean it's worth that or will sell for that.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:14 PM, poke_naynay said:

I can list a bent in half Caterpie card for $100,000,000 but that doesn't mean it's worth that or will sell for that.

On 2/13/2022 at 3:54 AM, revat said:

You can TRY TO SELL something for whatever price you want

I know that you can list whatever price you want, but if a price is way way beyond reasonable :) then would you not lose a potential buyer. If i m looking to buy that card, and see it listed like 5-10 time a "normal" price would be, then i wont bother taking a closer look at the card or seller at all.