• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rolling Stone size slabs?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I know magazine slabbing is a fraction of the overall CGC volume, but has any consideration ever been made for an alternative-size slab? First obvious thing that comes to mind is the tabloid-size Rolling Stone magazines of the past that were very visual and collectible long before people were thinking about mags that way ... but there are also a lot of UK and European magazines that are just slightly wider and larger than the basic magazine case. (I had one a mere 1/8 inch too tall recently that I would have slabbed in a heartbeat while many others from the past are wider.) Plus throw in the old U.S. stuff like LIFE and Saturday Evening Post. 

Seems like a scenario where a slightly larger slab could open up a lot more possibilities ... there might be some oddball comics/comics mags out there with this issue, too. 

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  Our magazine holders are somewhat larger than the regular comic sized holders.  The maximum size we can do for magazines would be:

• 11-1/2” tall
  • 8-7/8” wide
  • 1/2” thick

Unfortunately, at this time, we don't have the ability to encapsulate books any larger than this size. If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!