• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jordan Peele's NOPE starring Keke Palmer, Daniel Kaluuya, Steven Yeun (2022)

52 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2022 at 7:39 AM, WolverineX said:

Daniel Kaluuya was excellent

Agree. While he didn't have much dialogue, he didn't need more than what he had. His acting conveyed the mood, tone, and authenticity very well even when we wasn't speaking. 

On 7/27/2022 at 9:53 AM, awakeintheashes said:

While he didn't have much dialogue, he didn't need more than what he had. His acting conveyed the mood, tone, and authenticity very well even when we wasn't speaking. 

My favorite line of his in the movie...... "Nope!".  The theatre I was in all laughed.  

Edited by gadzukes

On 8/3/2022 at 10:49 AM, jsilverjanet said:

saw it again last night. It is such an ambitious film for some of the comments already mentioned. I don't know if it sticks the landing, but excellent movie nonetheless

Images from NOPE have been in my head for the last week.  Which is way different than more of the drek movies we've had lately.  I've tried to block the memory from Thor out of my head cuz it was so bad.

But NOPE...... Well done movie.

Spoiler

I agree about the ending.  The change from Spaceship to Organic strange shaped Alien may have been a bit too much, but I still loved the movie.

Edited by gadzukes

This was not a masterpiece as I’ve read here and there. I didn’t think the themes or symbolism were deep at all. 

The acting was well done by most of the cast with the leads stealing it. I loved the reveal but they could have done more with it. The lead-up to the finale with the inflatable men in the field had that fun Jaws “chasing the barrels” vibe. Now that I think about it, the last half hour was Jaws. This is a weird one for me. I think.. I really liked it?  I just kept wanting it to go in certain directions it never went. This will be a good repeat viewing for me. I’d say the concept for Nope is dope. 

I’ll add that you could cut this down to a 30 minute segment and throw it into one of Stephen Kings’s Creepshow anthologies. It could also be a perfect one hour episode of Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits. And Peele was involved in the new Twilight Zone which has me thinking maybe this was developed for that and he decided to expand it into a full length feature.