• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will pressing penetrate multiple pages? What to do with this book?

7 posts in this topic

Phoenix 1 The Untold Story

Otherwise in great shape, the book has a bend in the lower left corner through the bars. Will pressing work so close to the binding and through the pages?  See photos. Normally I wouldn't ask on this one, but high grades have sold well for this issue. But it would have to be a 9.6+ or its almost worthless. But I would also hate to put aside an otherwise great book.

Do you think this book is worth it?

Thanks for your help.  

20220215_180218.jpg

20220215_180202.jpg

20220215_180113.jpg

20220215_180144.jpg

On 2/16/2022 at 6:34 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm not sure that "penetrate" is an applicable verb. 2c

I'm not sure what you mean by this, and I'm not familiar with the process. My question was, if it goes to press, will interior pages be pressed as well or not.

On 2/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, zoso99 said:

Yes, when I have a book with interior page indentions from a cover defect I press each effected page. I don't know what other people do.

More specifically, I tack iron the effected pages, allowing the press to finish the job. I have found if I don't tack iron interior pages with bends/folds, they don't seem to come out from the press alone, and it seems that the cover can more revert having a bent/folded page under it.