• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics i consider to buy need your help :-)

6 posts in this topic

Hi im looking for ur opinion on few comics im took an eye on. First of All sorry for the Bad english i try my best.

I already open a WTB Theard but not being sucessfull till now, so i will move to eBay to see if i can grab the comics i want for a good price... now i made a list by rarity of the comics and i wanted to have ur opinion if the list is right or wrong and feel free to make ur own selection what u would buy first and last. Its surly also an investment wise list.

Gunslinger Spawn 1:250 Variant SS 9.8

King Spawn 1 1:250 Variant SS 9.8

Venom 1 1:1000  McFarlane Variant CGC 9.8

Venom 6 1:1000 McFarlane Variant CGC9.8

Venomverse 1 1:1000 McFarlane Variant CGC 9.8

Venom 3 Convention Edition CGC 9.8 

Fell free to add books to this list that i m missing maybe. As u see im a huge venom and spawn Fan :-) Thank u very much in advance and greetings from Germany :-)

On 2/18/2022 at 12:43 PM, comicfangermany said:

Hi im looking for ur opinion on few comics im took an eye on. First of All sorry for the Bad english i try my best.

I already open a WTB Theard but not being sucessfull till now, so i will move to eBay to see if i can grab the comics i want for a good price... now i made a list by rarity of the comics and i wanted to have ur opinion if the list is right or wrong and feel free to make ur own selection what u would buy first and last. Its surly also an investment wise list.

Gunslinger Spawn 1:250 Variant SS 9.8

King Spawn 1 1:250 Variant SS 9.8

Venom 1 1:1000  McFarlane Variant CGC 9.8

Venom 6 1:1000 McFarlane Variant CGC9.8

Venomverse 1 1:1000 McFarlane Variant CGC 9.8

Venom 3 Convention Edition CGC 9.8 

Fell free to add books to this list that i m missing maybe. As u see im a huge venom and spawn Fan :-) Thank u very much in advance and greetings from Germany :-)

If you're going for a Venom #3, I'd recommend the third print with Knull on the cover. It's going for slightly more than the first print, but I think in the long run, it'll be the more desired. I think it's a cooler cover as well. With Knull out of the picture for the moment, I think now is a good time to buy before his inevitable resurrection.

Also, I'd recommend snatching up a Venom #9, which is the first full appearance of Dylan Brock. The price is still low right now, and I see them doing more and more with him in the future.

As for your list, I'd focus on the Venom #1 1:1000 variant. Sweet cover.

You know what books you want, you know what grade you want.  You know you want them graded, so there will be no subjectivity or argument about the grade.  You know the books need to be shipped to Germany, and probably understand that there are generally less people willing to ship to Germany from North America (where the books are most likely to be located).  And these books are generally available on ebay, although understandably not always at reasonable prices.  The fact that you are chasing all these books at the same time means at minimum, you have decent money available to spend on comics.

my tip is this:

Start another WTB thread, and post which you books you want and the prices you're willing to pay, probably including shipping to Germany.  People are less likely to even bother to initiate contact with you (especially international) if they aren't even sure you're a potential serious buyer.  People won't go look in their boxes or inventory to check what they have.  And why should they sell to you versus on ebay (which has fees but also protection) or to a domestic buyer (which is safer for any number of reasons)?  I understand nobody likes to overpay, and you'd hate to offer too much when you could have gotten it for cheaper, and I'm not saying you should over-offer, offer whatever is comfortable for you.  But lay it out fully in a WTB thread here before going to ebay.  And try to get in the head of a potential seller.  What's the harm?

As for priorities, I'd take a look at the sales data history and buy the one which seems most likely to increase in price in the short term.

Thank u very much for ur opinion i think i give the WTB sektion another try with the advices u gave. I understand that shippment to germany from the us for many people is sometimes stressful but i never had any issue so far to get something from International sellers or buyers :-) But yeah your right i didnt post possible prices for the books i would pay, that mistake was on my side. Again many thx and have a nice weekend :-)

I’d also recommend checking out mycomicshop.com - keep a want list there and they’ll email you when they are in stock. Usually very reasonable pricing and there are excellent shipping options. I had a slab shipped to me recently, it arrived in 14 calendar days (from the US to Australia) in perfect condition and the shipping cost US$18. Truly mind-blowing.