• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Tales 1 price

22 posts in this topic

We had that other thread about the price of the FF 33 9.4 but this looks even more out of whack to me. This book is a reprint book and although it might be a hard to find squarebound, $1100+ seems a bit nutty. I paid a little over $100 for a cgc 9.2 Marvel Collectors Item Classics #1 which is a similar book - that was a good deal but I couldn't imagine paying more than $500 for this book. Anyone with a case why this book should be selling at this price - it has a few days to go so $1500+ is not out of the question!

I was willing to go 500 on it b/c I think it's a really nice book. Extremely hard to find. One of the hardest squarebounds. Reprints some big issues. Not really anything special unless you want it. I believe it's only that high b/c Mrahome really wants it and evidentally so does Rider33

Brian

It is the premier issue of a very long Marvel Tales Spidey run. This book is essentially ASM Vol. 2, #1. Marv Team Up 1 is like ASM Vol. 3 #1 IMHO. I also carefully spammed keys words cgc Hulk 1 in the title. Think Heritage sold the Circle 8 pedigree Marv Tales Ann 1 last summer cgc 9.4 for around $1,740 including juice. No other cgc'd copies have been brokered by Heritage since then. No copies in stock at PGC Mint or ComicLink as of yesterday either.

Crash, what crash?

thats true enough....but I like the cover. Its got six archetypal early action illos of six top Marvel characters...and the comic is the first reprint of all these stories AND all together.

Its the Marvel equivalent of the DC Secret Origins Annual (a ripoff actually!) which is a very cool book that unfortunately doesnt have a strong following either.

Yet more crazy price stuff on ebay. Someone had a double cover Spidey 150 up for a reserve of $1000 or so! And now an FF 12 9.2 with an opening bid of a mere $7000! Come on. The lead in for the FF 12 says something about seeing how the movie will effect the price of the book! I think $5000 is probably a good price for that book - but $7000 to open?