• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toho's GODZILLA MINUS ONE directed by Takashi Yamazaki (12/1/23)
6 6

225 posts in this topic

Hi! First time poster, lifelong fan. I loved this movie!!!

Seriously, I grew up watching Godzilla thanks to my uncle taking me to the movies when growing up. This movie was very special in the long list of Godzilla movies. I think of it as a love story, a redemption story, a fighting your inner demon's story and it also stared a large lizard. I do not prefer the "bad" Godzilla story line, I favor the King of the monsters fighting to maintain a natural balance, but it really worked in this movie. For the first time I actually wanted them to succeed in taking him down. The multiple references to the very first film were great. It was very Japanese; loved. It was cheesy; loved. It had the happy ending; loved. My kids have fully embraced my love of Japan and have even grown it more. It was a great family event. 

‘Godzilla Minus One’, Remastered In Black And White, Sets U.S. Theatrical Run

As Godzilla Minus One winds down its notable theatrical run, distributor Toho International said it will play a remastered black-and-white version of the film for one week.

Godzilla Minus One/Minus Color will be in U.S. theaters starting Friday, Jan. 26. Both versions of the film will end their theatrical run on Feb. 1.

The black and white version was released in Japan on Jan. 12.

“I was very happy that the North American audience embraced Godzilla Minus One,” said Takashi Yamazaki, director, writer and VFX supervisor. “And now I am very pleased to be able to release a black-and-white version for North America as well. Godzilla Minus One/Minus Color will bring a new and visceral experience to audiences.”

Godzilla Minus One Reportedly Cost $10 Million at Most

According to these new reports from Japan, Godzilla Minus One reportedly cost 1.5 billion yen which is about $10 million USD. Previously, rumors suggested the movie cost $15 million to make, and that is still very cheap for a blockbuster. Director Takashi Yamazaki denied these reports once the movie went stateside as he revealed Godzilla Minus One didn't even cost that much. So obviously, the team at Toho was incredibly thrifty when making this film.

With $100 million banked at the box office, Godzilla Minus One is one of the highest-earning Japanese films to screen in the United States. The movie's complex themes and stunning action have helped put Godzilla at the forefront of film. So if you have not seen Godzilla Minus One, we can only suggest you head to a theater ASAP while screenings are still available!

On 1/17/2024 at 12:26 PM, Number 6 said:

I need to know where I can buy that poster. 

IMG_5450.gif.7d637921cfa6e36acd3e504ec07f531d.gif

There is a Japan 'Godzilla Minus One' A1 size movie poster (not the 'Godzilla Minus 1 Minus Color' one-sheet in your pic) reseller exoticoriginals taking pre-orders on legit (not knock-off) pairs of the 2 different posters on Instagram (IG) at what he says is a 'reasonable' retail price for best fantasy/sci-fi movie of 2023.

image.png.51de981a0f98ac25c9c54ebced50c37b.png

Edited by aardvark88