• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
4 4

135 posts in this topic

Direct edition copy of What If? #28 (1st series).  This is Frank Miller’s Daredevil.  What if Daredevil became an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.?  This issue also features an appearance by Hydra and Ghost Rider.

7.0FN/VF, or better

$12

Edited by Galen130

Marge's Little Lulu #198.

There's nothing special about this comic, nor is it valuable in any sense.  It is a reader, but it's intact.  It is also...

FREE, with any purchase in this thread

Edited by Galen130

On 3/4/2022 at 8:00 PM, Galen130 said:

This thread won’t last much longer!!  Let’s do a long weekend sale starting tonight, ending Monday evening.  After that…who knows. (shrug)

:gossip: you can also add this to the VCC for more exposure. :banana:

(Get a booth<post on one of the sections North,South,East,West> add link to this thread!)

On 2/23/2022 at 12:18 PM, Galen130 said:

I have two copies of this issue...

(Copy #1)

Marvel Team-Up #15.  This issue features the 1st appearance of Spider-Man and Ghost Rider teaming up, as well as the 1st appearance and origin of The Orb.

6.0FN, or better

$50

20211101_090736.thumb.jpg.e78c7098b45980aa6133a4cb203b0ea0.jpg

20211101_090747.thumb.jpg.f44badce47fda9091ca6065d74af35e0.jpg

20211101_090753.thumb.jpg.49031c03a79d2dcc881e8d39169ac10d.jpg

20211101_090811.thumb.jpg.8e4b64ea33ca746ba04fb17a4a45b21e.jpg

20211101_090826.thumb.jpg.f459d26d7bcd3711ac38260cb663d09a.jpg

20211101_090838.thumb.jpg.d5ff5476584f87b6802ee40247d4c12d.jpg

20211101_090851.thumb.jpg.e0b3ec710986d32aa4cf7494ba871f57.jpg

20211101_090902.thumb.jpg.3665ac5ef71106ecdccf0723cddca34a.jpg

20211101_090919.thumb.jpg.f4a0d66decdc14068a4f8b5a6cb4be97.jpg

20211101_090931.thumb.jpg.94db856ffaa24eb373b1ce4915bca23a.jpg

Take at $45 + 10% off!

On 3/5/2022 at 11:15 AM, Galen130 said:

Those booths look pretty fancy…I’m not taking the time to do that.  It’s kind of late anyway.  Thanks, though!!  (worship)

You are welcome. 

You don't have to make it all fancy .

You can just add a small title saying you are offering the 10% off VCC weekend sale and add a link to your sales thread! Not really late. I just added a booth myself and it only opened officially at 12 so really it just started . 

Good luck with the Sale!

The next dozen or so listings are for Bronze Age Batman and the Outsiders raw comics.  I do have more in the series, but technically they are Copper Age and are listed in my CA/MA sales thread.  These listings belong here, per CGC boards rules. (thumbsu

If you'd like to see the Copper issues, there is a link to my Modern thread in the 'About Me' section of my profile. (worship)

Edited by Galen130

Newsstand edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #1 (1983 series).  This issue features the origin of Halo, as well as the 1st appearance of Baron Bedlam.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows some light soiling/ink transfers along the spine.  The upper right page corner of the whole book has a mild bend/roll that I believe can be pressed out.  Both covers show a few other edge bends/indentations that don’t break the ink.  They can be pressed out.

$12

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #2 (1983 series).  This issue features an appearance by King Gregor.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover near the top and bottom page edges show some ‘dimpling’ that doesn’t break the ink.  I believe these can be pressed out.  There is also a mild spine/stacking roll that can be pressed out as well.

$6

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #3 (1983 series).  This issue features an appearance by Agent Orange.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is very light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a couple of spine stress creases/tics that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows light ink rubs in spots along the top page edge.  The back cover shows a couple spots of very light soiling along the spine.  There is also a very mild spine roll that can be pressed out.

$6

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #4 (1983 series).  This issue features an appearance by Meltdown.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is very light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/ticks…with a couple that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows some rippling or mild indentations on the top edge that can be pressed out.  The back cover shows some very light soiling in spots along the spine.

$6

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #5 (1983 series).  The cover image is shared with the cover of The New Teen Titans #37.  This is a cross-over issue, featuring a battle with the Fearsome Five.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a handful of spine stress creases/tics…with a few that lightly break the ink.  A couple of these creases created some light waviness that can be pressed out.  The front cove shows some very mild edge bends at the top, along with one or two very mild finger bends.  All of these issues can be pressed out.  There is light soiling/ink transfers in spots along the spine…back cover.

$5

Edited by Galen130

Newsstand edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #6 (1983 series).  This issue features an appearance by Cryonic Man.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The bottom spine corner of the book has a small bend that translates through the whole book.  I believe this can be pressed out, but I’m not sure if the ink is broken on the back cover.  Both covers show some light edge bends all around, with the front cover having a couple that barely break the ink on the right page edge.  There is very light soiling in spots all around the white border on the back cover.  There is a very mild spine roll that can be pressed out.

$5

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #7 (1983 series).  This issue features an appearance by Cryonic Man.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a number of spine stress creases/tics…with a few that barely break the ink.  The back cover shows very light soiling/ink transfers in spots around the white border.  The upper right corner of the comic has a small bend through it that doesn’t break the ink on either cover.  The front cover shows a mild ‘overlap’ edge bend along the right side that can probably be pressed out.  There is a very mild spine roll that is also pressable.

$5

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #8 (1983 series).  This issue features an appearance by Phantom Stranger.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/ticks…with a few that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows a vertical subscription line near the spine that can be pressed out, along with some very light ink rubs near the spine.  The front cover also shows a handful of very minor finger bends, edge bends, and indentations around the page, with none appearing to break the ink.  The back cover shows edge bends at the top edge, along with light soiling and/or ink transfers in areas of the white background.

$5

Edited by Galen130

Newsstand edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #9 (1983 series).  This issue features the 1st appearance of the Masters of Disaster.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a small handful of spine stress creases/ticks…with a couple that barely break the ink.  The front cover shows a small ink transfer, or possible production defect, near the DC logo.  There is another one of these defects on the back cover, almost directly opposite of the front cover’s defect.  There is also some very mild edge bends near the bottom right hand corner.  The back cover shows very light soiling/ink transfers in spots along the spine.

$6

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #10 (1983 series).  This issue features an appearance by the Masters of Disaster.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine minus condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a couple spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows very light soiling in spots along the spine, as well as a bend in the upper left corner that doesn’t break the ink.  The back cover also shows a very mild bend crease near the top spine corner that doesn’t appear to break the ink.  The front cover shows very light soiling in the DC logo, a very light ink rub on Batman’s thigh, and some cover page overlap bends that can be pressed out.  The staples show very mild oxidation, including on the inside.

$5

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #13 (1983 series).  This issue features an origin recap of Batman.

I believe this comic to be in Fine/Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting on the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The front cover shows some ‘dings’ near the upper staple, as well as a crinkle near the bottom staple.  There are vertical subscription lines on the front near the spine.  The back cover page and spine edges show some mild soiling.  The bottom edge of the book near the spine corner shows a few pages, as well as the cover, with mild wrinkling.  I believe this to be a production issue, but I could be mistaken.  It may be possible to press this out.

$6

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #14 (1983 series).  This issue features appearances by Maxie Zeus and the New Olympians.  President Ronald Reagan makes a cameo appearance as well.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  The back cover shows light soiling and/or ink transfers in various spots on the white borders.  The front cover shows some very mild vertical indentations from inside the back of the page that can be pressed out.

$6

Edited by Galen130

Direct edition copy of Batman and the Outsiders #15 (1983 series), 52-page story.  This issue features appearances by Maxie Zeus and the New Olympians at the 1984 Olympics.

I believe this comic to be in Very Fine condition, or better.  There is light blunting of the spine corners, as well as a few spine stress creases/ticks that very lightly break the ink.  There is light soiling/ink transfer on the front cover near the top staple.  It also appears that someone used a pen to color in the copyright symbol near the bottom of the DC logo.  It’s very hard to tell for sure.  There is also a mild spine roll that can be pressed out.

$6

Edited by Galen130