• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Punisher Vol 1 #1 (1986) Spare A Grade....
3 3

10 posts in this topic

I don't know from pressing, but I'd say you're pretty close to an 8.5, but the lower right of the back cover is kind of a problem area (and then the bend on the front cover in the line of fire).  8.0 for sure, maybe 8.5 as is--but no more than that.

Edited by Axe Elf

@Point Five as I am new to this i not disagreeing but if i got this book for £5 ($6.75) I assume getting it pressed and graded would cost around $50. I see them being (9.0) sold for around ($150-170) which would mean i would get $90+ at current prices. To be honest my intention isn't to get graded but im looking at my collection and due to the fact I got them cheap I thought grading some to sell that i don't want make sense. Like I said im new to this whole grading etc so feel free to correct me if im wrong...I even saw an 8.5 recently sell for $100.

On 2/27/2022 at 8:29 PM, FlyJ said:

@Point Five as I am new to this i not disagreeing but if i got this book for £5 ($6.75) I assume getting it pressed and graded would cost around $50. I see them being (9.0) sold for around ($150-170) which would mean i would get $90+ at current prices. To be honest my intention isn't to get graded but im looking at my collection and due to the fact I got them cheap I thought grading some to sell that i don't want make sense. Like I said im new to this whole grading etc so feel free to correct me if im wrong...I even saw an 8.5 recently sell for $100.

I agree with the others here, I think 8.0/8.5 is probably more realistic after a press. But let's say it can possibly hit 9.0. The cost to ship the book, have it pressed (at CGC?), have it graded and return shipped to you is probably more like $100-125. (Maybe more since you're in London?) You'd wait months and months and if nothing went wrong have a shot at *possibly* squeezing out $30 to $50 in profit. Personally, I would just sell it raw for $30 or whatever and call it a day. Possibly if you're sending in a large batch the overhead would be less, but it seems like a great expenditure of your *time* as well as your money for very little payoff.

@Point FiveThanks for advice mate , regarding the cost I'm going to try get that down as there is now a CGC in London which someone else told me does drop offs and its like 20 mins from my house. I have a guy ho presses for decent prices so I will see how it looks after and get everyone's thoughts. I like having my old books so my intention isn't to grade and sell was just wondering costs etc so I can see if I have any worth doing so with.

Thanks 

On 2/27/2022 at 9:58 PM, FlyJ said:

@Point FiveThanks for advice mate , regarding the cost I'm going to try get that down as there is now a CGC in London which someone else told me does drop offs and its like 20 mins from my house. I have a guy ho presses for decent prices so I will see how it looks after and get everyone's thoughts. I like having my old books so my intention isn't to grade and sell was just wondering costs etc so I can see if I have any worth doing so with.

Thanks 

If you do get it cleaned and pressed, I would be interested in seeing the results, since I have no idea how much that kind of process can help.