• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charged before grading.

6 posts in this topic

Hey comic collectors. This is my 3rd submission of comics to be graded. I have not had any problems until now. I have been charged on my credit card for my 3rd submission, but the comics have not been graded yet. Status is scheduled for grading. Has anyone had this happen to them. Called CGC, got transferred to accounting, no one answered. I have had no issues with paying CGC. Customer service said they can charge you anytime they want to.

Thank you for the information. Did not know about the new billing procedures. If you are being charged for something now and will not receive it until 3 or 4 months matters to me. 

On 2/24/2022 at 4:18 PM, VeryMetal!🤘 said:
On 2/24/2022 at 1:00 PM, 56 said:

If you are being charged for something now and will not receive it until 3 or 4 months matters to me

Why? If you know what the costs are why does it matter when you're charged?

it probably shouldn't matter, BUT CGC should definitely make it clear on their website whatever the policy is (and maybe they do, I haven't looked lately).  I could see very reasonable people thinking, "Ah, they charged my card, it must be coming back to me soon" but then it still might take 6-8 months, possibly even too late to do a chargeback in the case of incomplete service or loss or damage.  

At this point, people shouldnt' submit unless they're ready for their comic AND money to be tied up for 8-12 months, BUT CGC should still make all the terms more clear on the website so people can reasonably make an informed decision (and cut down on questions after-the-fact).