• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I NEED 3O AND 35 CENT variants PHOTOS of Covers

36 posts in this topic

Maybe I was a bit harsh in my original reply, but the request came off as a bit authoritarian and without thought to the actual "free" work involved.

I agree with Joe_collector a bit here - I've been trying to help folks as well, but we all know there is already a definitive list of these variants and a pretty comprehensive write up for free at silverandbronze's sites: 30 cent list and 35 cent list

and it has been always free.

Dr Neff - can you elaborate more on this project and what the end purpose will be? Is it something that will be up for sale? I'm sure that any major contributor of data, stories and scans would like a cut, if this is the case. I would rather prefer that this info is out there and it remain free for collectors to benefit from equally. It's been fun to network and share stories with other collectors and actually helped me to get closer to completing.

I would support contributing to any efforts to stir up interest and provide knowledge on the variants, but apprehensive on anyone profitting from my contributions, scans and stories (all of which can be totally credited to info from Donut, SilverandBronze, light_house, Joe_collector, comiconxion, j.r.9, rob_react and others not mentioned). These variants are my "hobby" wink.gif I try to keep that pure and profit free (that's what Ultimate stuff and Moderns are for) tongue.gif

Please enlighten us all and if the motives are right, you are welcome to my contributions.

>>I'm sure that any major contributor of data, stories and scans would like a cut

Good point Darth, and I'm starting to smell the dollar signs. grin.gif

I'm not posting any more until more detailed info on the "project" is posted. If he's working on a high-dollar photo spread for a publication, then go do the work yourself.

Yeah JC - my variants don't show off their covers' glossy sheen for just anyone promising a photospread and the fame which that would inevitably result from it tongue.gif

I fell dirty all of a sudden tongue.gif

And elbrujo - I have a 46 meg ZIP file of my variant scans ready to email - if you can handle it baby - I'm sending it to ya wink.gif - JC - I can bog down your server too - just give me the word tongue.gif

Darth, I saw that you put my scan up I just read your message and I amso sorry if the file was large, I guess that is why I have had troubles sending some of my scans, I just re-scanned about 300 books this weekend to a resolution that was not to high and realized that was much better, I tried putting some books on ebay and was wondering why they to 3 weeks to load, rescanned and it was very fast, again sorry to everyone about the freakin long scan. frown.gif

I know one of these threads had a few rules for the 30-cent variants. Can anyone repost that or point me to it? I've seen the list on Paul's web site. I'm trying to understand why Inhumans #5 isn't a 30-cent variant, but #4 and #6 are... I think that was addressed in that post that I can't seem to find again...

35 Cent Gallery - get the scans while you can. I will be taking them off from the host site as they sell...

Same goes for this 30 cent gallery - pretty beat copies in this one.

Sorry - this post meant for scan sharing. Not all of the scans are for sale. Any sales attempts I make will be posted in the correct marketplace forum. Sorry for the confusion.