• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Strange Tales 110
3 3

11 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2022 at 1:38 PM, TheAvenger80 said:

4.5 as well.

On 3/5/2022 at 8:57 AM, Rhymenoceros said:

Do you think the page fanning in this grade makes a difference in what CGC would assign?

No.

Thanks for posting.

If that cover is close to detaching from that staple, you may not want CGC to handle it.  Too many issues out there.  Maybe just keep it boarded/bagged.  Otherwise 4.5/5.0.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:53 AM, Funnybooks said:

it may not...i think it's at least a 4.5 structurally but appears nicer than a typical 4.5 for this book and so i gave it a slight bump

I agree. The fanned pages don't bother me personally and I think with them 4.5-5.0 seems likely

WIthout them? Book could creep into 5.5 or so territory. I mean I can see risking if selling but if I owned this book I would slab as is and love as is (the page fanning doesn't bother me at all)

4.5 overall this is a very attractive copy .. compared to what you usually see for sale.. it’s a tough call.. they may be able to straighten it out a bit and get it a little higher.. I know what you are saying tho. In order to do that means manipulating that spine a great deal. If a staple pops or the cover gets detached they are not gonna be responsible. If I was gonna have it in my collection ( which I wish it was) I wouldn’t  mess with it 2c

Edited by Februus

On 3/7/2022 at 8:53 AM, Funnybooks said:

it may not...i think it's at least a 4.5 structurally but appears nicer than a typical 4.5 for this book and so i gave it a slight bump

On 3/7/2022 at 8:58 AM, comicginger1789 said:

I agree. The fanned pages don't bother me personally and I think with them 4.5-5.0 seems likely

WIthout them? Book could creep into 5.5 or so territory. I mean I can see risking if selling but if I owned this book I would slab as is and love as is (the page fanning doesn't bother me at all)

If it presents nicely, if it has that extra umph because it's structurally sound or tight in some other way, if it's a black cover, if it's a key - Give It a Bump.

Spoiler

I did from 4.0 to 4.5.

giphy.gif.574e4fc6c3b275711d2ccfdb714275b7.gif