• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOST ANNOYING FORUM MEMBER

MOST ANNOYING FORUM MEMBER  

1,116 members have voted

1. 1. MOST ANNOYING FORUM MEMBER

315 posts in this topic

"His name is a description of something i have mentioned in the post. His name is something that can be used as a descriptor for a certain item."

Okay, we're down to:

sterlingcomics

Silver Surfer

Norinn Radd

goldust40

Who out of these guys posts a ton of HG slabs?

Thought it might be BronzeBruce, but he's got less than 5000 posts. Thought it also might be me (more than 5000 posts, HG slabs, elitist snobbery grin.gif), but my name is not a description of anything. I'm intrigued now. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe he does mean BronzeBruce. This is quite the mystery.

I know it isn't me. I have more than 5,000 posts but all my books suck. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree with you. yay.gif

Are you still mad cause I said only Greggy and sfilosa posted nice slabs? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes crazy.gif

I can see that my remarks, taken purely from my own observation of the unmentioned person, have taken on a life of their own here. I have been a collector for over 30 years, and have seen alot of things in the hobby during this time. With that said, i guess that is why i felt compelled to add my two cents about what i perceive as annoying. I am sure that this person will take great offense, but he shouldn't. I don't know him personally, and he does not know me either. I am simply basing my opinion on what they have to say, the condescending tone that they use when they address other posters who do not have a high grade copy of a certain book, the need to constantly let everyone know that you a major player when certain books come up for sale. I simply don't care. It is great that they can afford to spend the gnp of your average African third world country on books, i don't need to know this. This is not about sour grapes or jealousy, but what i perceive as nothing more than using these forums to be a braggart. You can form your own opinions on who this might be.

BB13

"His name is a description of something i have mentioned in the post. His name is something that can be used as a descriptor for a certain item."

Okay, we're down to:

sterlingcomics

Silver Surfer

Norinn Radd

goldust40

Thought it might be BronzeBruce, but he's got less than 5000 posts. Thought it also might be me (more than 5000 posts, HG slabs, elitist snobbery grin.gif), but my name is not a description of anything. I'm intrigued now. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know it isn't me. I have more than 5,000 posts but all my books suck. confused-smiley-013.gif

Are you still mad cause I said only Greggy and sfilosa posted nice slabs? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yes crazy.gif

sorry.gifflowerred.gif

Okay, we're down to:

sterlingcomics

Silver Surfer

Norinn Radd

goldust40

Me too. poke2.gif

Okay, we're down to:

sterlingcomics

Silver Surfer

Norinn Radd

goldust40

Me too. poke2.gif

Whatever, Hong Kong Louie. poke2.gif

I can see that my remarks, taken purely from my own observation of the unmentioned person, have taken on a life of their own here. I have been a collector for over 30 years, and have seen alot of things in the hobby during this time. With that said, i guess that is why i felt compelled to add my two cents about what i perceive as annoying. I am sure that this person will take great offense, but he shouldn't. I don't know him personally, and he does not know me either. I am simply basing my opinion on what they have to say, the condescending tone that they use when they address other posters who do not have a high grade copy of a certain book, the need to constantly let everyone know that you a major player when certain books come up for sale. I simply don't care. It is great that they can afford to spend the gnp of your average African third world country on books, i don't need to know this. This is not about sour grapes or jealousy, but what i perceive as nothing more than using these forums to be a braggart. You can form your own opinions on who this might be.

BB13

But he's got less than 5000 posts. confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyways, how can anyone who specializes in BA, no matter how HG, be considered an "elitist snob"? That's like saying someone who eats only fast food, but prefers In 'n' Out over McD's, to be an elitist gourmand. poke2.gif

BB13

Anyways, how can anyone who specializes in BA, no matter how HG, be considered an "elitist snob"? That's like saying someone who eats only fast food, but prefers In 'n' Out over McD's, to be an elitist gourmand. poke2.gif

The only other person with 5K of posts and has the elitist attitude that I can think of is Rob_React. confused-smiley-013.gif

"You're so vain... I bet ya think this post is about ya.

You're so vain : I bet ya think this post is about ya don't ya don't ya?"

tongue.gif

BB13

27_laughing.gif

Okay, we're down to:

sterlingcomics

Silver Surfer

Norinn Radd

goldust40

The only thing he mentioned is a silver star, which seems to eliminate goldust and BB. Norrin is hardly known for posting tons of HG slabs, so it must be sterling or SS. Is Silver Surfer a term used for a shooting star?

It would have been far less contentious to have just said "I think Person X is a jerk", which would be quickly passed over and not generate 40 odd posts of people trying to guess who it is. frustrated.gif

This is not about sour grapes or jealousy, but what i perceive as nothing more than using these forums to be a braggart. You can form your own opinions on who this might be.

You're really gonna have to narrow it down a bit for us. insane.gif

BB13

The concept of someone being an "elitist snob" is based on more of an attitude that they convey towards others. This can be the case in any aspect of life, whether they collect high grade books or fishing lures or salt and pepper shakers. Your argument is not valid due to you yourself using an assumption that high grade bronze age holds no cachet. It does to alot of people, just as golden age books do to others. Therefore, your McDonalds remark has a hint of elitism itself.

Okay, we're down to:

sterlingcomics

Silver Surfer

Norinn Radd

goldust40

The only thing he mentioned is a silver star, which seems to eliminate goldust and BB. Norrin is hardly known for posting tons of HG slabs, so it must be sterling or SS. Is Silver Surfer a term used for a shooting star?

It would have been far less contentious to have just said "I think Person X is a jerk", which would be quickly passed over and not generate 40 odd posts of people trying to guess who it is. frustrated.gif

But would it have been as fun? I simply made a statement. I can't help it has "snowballed" into this, but it has been interesting nevertheless.

This is not about sour grapes or jealousy, but what i perceive as nothing more than using these forums to be a braggart. You can form your own opinions on who this might be.

Ok, time to come forward and make this person mad. It is not Silver Surfer.

Ok, time to come forward and make this person mad. It is not Silver Surfer.

popcorn.gif