• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOST ANNOYING FORUM MEMBER

MOST ANNOYING FORUM MEMBER  

1,116 members have voted

1. 1. MOST ANNOYING FORUM MEMBER

315 posts in this topic

Hmmm...in reading various posts on these boards for the past year, i would have to say that the person i find the most annoying has not been mentioned yet or has posted on this thread. Let's just say that they have a post count over 5000, have posted hundreds of pics of graded books that are better than anyone elses could ever be. Before anyone says i am just jealous of their books, let me say that it is not the case. I would never fault someone for being proud and showing off their finds, but it is quite another matter when they are displayed with a sense of elitist snobbery. I'm sure this post will get some of you thinking who it might be. A silver star to whoever is right.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Did they make the following comment on 11/30/04 in Comics General?

"Buy a books supposedly worth $40 in NM. Receive a VF worth $10. Ship book back (you're probably out $10 round trip). Good investment, spent $10 to get nothing. Repeat until you quit collecting."

hm

"Buy a books supposedly worth $40 in NM. Receive a VF worth $10. Ship book back (you're probably out $10 round trip). Good investment, spent $10 to get nothing. Repeat until you quit collecting."

Not to sound ignorant, but how would i find out who you are talking about? Which heading under Comics General? I am not sure how to actually search for past posts, so any help would be appreciated. smile.gif

hm

27_laughing.gif That's who immediately came to my mind after reading his description.

hm

27_laughing.gif That's who immediately came to my mind after reading his description.

But it's not the correct answer.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hm

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who made the comment, sfilosa? confused-smiley-013.gif

hm

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

hm

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hm

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Other than sfilosa, the only person who posts a lot of high grade slabs with over 5,000 posts is Greggy. confused-smiley-013.gif

hm

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Other than sfilosa, the only person who posts a lot of high grade slabs with over 5,000 posts is Greggy. confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif

hm

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sorry.gif

You post a lot of slabs? Sorry. sorry.gif

hm

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif
893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I got a clue from wrightsonfan...

"His name is a description of something i have mentioned in the post. His name is something that can be used as a descriptor for a certain item."

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"His name is a description of something i have mentioned in the post. His name is something that can be used as a descriptor for a certain item."

Okay, we're down to:

sterlingcomics

Silver Surfer

Norinn Radd

goldust40

Who out of these guys posts a ton of HG slabs?

Okay, we're down to:

sterlingcomics

Silver Surfer

Norinn Radd

goldust40

Thought it might be BronzeBruce, but he's got less than 5000 posts. Thought it also might be me (more than 5000 posts, HG slabs, elitist snobbery grin.gif), but my name is not a description of anything. I'm intrigued now. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, but how does Steve exhibit "elitist snobbery"? He's willing to buy VF books, for god's sake! poke2.gif

I don't know but that was who Norrin was referring to. confused-smiley-013.gif

Okay, we're down to:

sterlingcomics

Silver Surfer

Norinn Radd

goldust40

Thought it might be BronzeBruce, but he's got less than 5000 posts. Thought it also might be me (more than 5000 posts, HG slabs, elitist snobbery grin.gif), but my name is not a description of anything. I'm intrigued now. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe he does mean BronzeBruce. This is quite the mystery.

I know it isn't me. I have more than 5,000 posts but all my books suck. confused-smiley-013.gif

Okay, we're down to:

sterlingcomics

Silver Surfer

Norinn Radd

goldust40

I know it isn't me. I have more than 5,000 posts but all my books suck. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree with you. yay.gif

I can see that my remarks, taken purely from my own observation of the unmentioned person, have taken on a life of their own here. I have been a collector for over 30 years, and have seen alot of things in the hobby during this time. With that said, i guess that is why i felt compelled to add my two cents about what i perceive as annoying. I am sure that this person will take great offense, but he shouldn't. I don't know him personally, and he does not know me either. I am simply basing my opinion on what they have to say, the condescending tone that they use when they address other posters who do not have a high grade copy of a certain book, the need to constantly let everyone know that you a major player when certain books come up for sale. I simply don't care. It is great that they can afford to spend the gnp of your average African third world country on books, i don't need to know this. This is not about sour grapes or jealousy, but what i perceive as nothing more than using these forums to be a braggart. You can form your own opinions on who this might be.

Okay, we're down to:

sterlingcomics

Silver Surfer

Norinn Radd

goldust40

I agree with you. yay.gif

Are you still mad cause I said only Greggy and sfilosa posted nice slabs? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif