• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Avengers 12
3 3

8 posts in this topic

Date stamp is pretty unobtrusive; it won't affect the grade any, relative to the other flaws, which, without scrutinizing particularly intently, appear to have the book in the high Fine range; 6.5-7.0.

On 3/13/2022 at 12:33 PM, Axe Elf said:

Date stamp is pretty unobtrusive; it won't affect the grade any, relative to the other flaws, which, without scrutinizing particularly intently, appear to have the book in the high Fine range; 6.5-7.0.

Thanks.  I have a few with the annoying date stamp.  Would this one be considered obtrusive?

ASM 20.jpg

On 3/13/2022 at 2:52 PM, Jiggywiffit said:

Thanks.  I have a few with the annoying date stamp.  Would this one be considered obtrusive?

ASM 20.jpg

Maybe slightly moreso, but in general, a legit datestamp isn't going to affect a grade much except at the highest levels, or if it's a really big sloppy ugly one.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:56 AM, Galen130 said:

Date stamps are kinda cool and unique…negligible impact on grade, if any.  6.5

On 3/14/2022 at 5:53 PM, grendelbo said:

Date stamps won't effect anything but a 10.0 or 9.9 I believe. It'll appeal to certain collectors too.

Thanks for posting.

I’m gonna say 6.0 cutting a little slack for the black cover that notoriously looks worse otherwise. As far as date stamps no affect at all generally except if it’s smeared.. then it’s subjective.. see books graded in the 9 pluses with date stamps as routine. I actually really like them as well especially if neatly placed .. its like a badge of honor.. It’s impressive to see a book with “June 1954” on the cover - you know it’s been on a journey. It enhances my willingness to purchase. But that is just personal preference