• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Grading in Europe
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Quick question

Is there any comic book store or company in Europe (Not UK) that takes care of CGC grading for comic books? I used to get some books done via UK, but with Brexit that is no longer a good option as the costs for import has skyrocketed. Anybody in Europe?

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  Unfortunately, all grading for comics through CGC would have to come here to our U.S. office.  You can submit books to our London office for comics but they are still sent here for the actual grading.  None of our other international offices are accepting comic submissions at this time.  However, if you are a paid member of our Collector's Society, you can submit your books to us here in the U.S. directly. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

On 3/16/2022 at 2:13 PM, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning,

Thank you for your message.  Unfortunately, all grading for comics through CGC would have to come here to our U.S. office.  You can submit books to our London office for comics but they are still sent here for the actual grading.  None of our other international offices are accepting comic submissions at this time.  However, if you are a paid member of our Collector's Society, you can submit your books to us here in the U.S. directly. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thank you!

Thank you for the quick reply. I understand the working of grading. I have about 300+ graded books
I know all books are graded in the US. I used to send my books to a store in the UK that would take care of them and send them bulk with others to you for grading.

However, with Brexit, the UK store and the CGC office in London is not an option anymore because of the high import costs to Belgium. The same for sending direct to you in the US.
Imagine I would do it direct grading with you for example 3 book it would cost me grading $24 each plus shipping back $40, plus import cost of $16 is $128 plus 21% tax is $154,88 or a little shy of $52 each book. 

I was hoping to get information on a store in Europe that works with you like that UK store does. They would ship multiple request together saving on shipping. They would deal with the import (no extra cost) and have their dealer discount. Like that it would be about $30-$35 each book for me. A $18-$22 difference each book. Hence my search for a dealer in Europe. Their must be dealers/Stores in Europe that work like with you.

On 3/16/2022 at 7:29 AM, 999ghosts said:

Thank you for the quick reply. I understand the working of grading. I have about 300+ graded books
I know all books are graded in the US. I used to send my books to a store in the UK that would take care of them and send them bulk with others to you for grading.

However, with Brexit, the UK store and the CGC office in London is not an option anymore because of the high import costs to Belgium. The same for sending direct to you in the US.
Imagine I would do it direct grading with you for example 3 book it would cost me grading $24 each plus shipping back $40, plus import cost of $16 is $128 plus 21% tax is $154,88 or a little shy of $52 each book. 

I was hoping to get information on a store in Europe that works with you like that UK store does. They would ship multiple request together saving on shipping. They would deal with the import (no extra cost) and have their dealer discount. Like that it would be about $30-$35 each book for me. A $18-$22 difference each book. Hence my search for a dealer in Europe. Their must be dealers/Stores in Europe that work like with you.

I think if you're hoping something similar to the CGC London Office exists in the EU, it doesn't.  I'm sure CGC would rather brexit didn't occur either.  But if they were getting a ton of submissions from the non-British EU before brexit, they probably would have made it a priority to open an office in the EU after brexit.  Doesn't seem like there's plans for that, so they probably don't think its worth it.

But the post above this one has a link to comic dealers with CGC accounts, many of which are in the EU. Maybe you will find one that can have a benefit to you.