• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much would you pay for a single page from a mega key?
4 4

49 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2022 at 7:55 PM, ComicFill said:

That X-men 1 9.0 makes my heart skip a beat. Is that a book you got raw a long time ago? I love my collection, but my biggest books are under $15k. A $200k book blows me away. The stories behind it are always interesting to me. Amazing books.

Thanks for the kind words!  I bought that book graded in 2017 for about $45K.  One of the single best comic book investments I've ever made!

Coverless

On 3/18/2022 at 7:59 PM, ComicFill said:

Wow. Sold for $1,900. Wonder what it would have gone for if there was no pen on the page.

I think that drawing on it really killed interest in it much more than we will ever comprehend, collectors can tolerate lots of defects but for a fan wanting a display piece having graffiti that makes fun of your favourite character is a huge turn off :D 

I see TOS39 coverless copies without drawing like this being at least $2,100-$2,500 right now depending on page quality on display.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:03 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Coverless

I think that drawing on it really killed interest in it much more than we will ever comprehend, collectors can tolerate lots of defects but for a fan wanting a display piece having graffiti that makes fun of your favourite character is a huge turn off :D 

I see TOS39 coverless copies without drawing like this being at least $2,100-$2,500 right now depending on page quality on display.

Agree completely -- that page was basically defaced.

On 3/18/2022 at 3:50 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Regardless if one can afford the book or not, it is still a different thing entirely to actually see the action on a cool page rather than to be limited to the cover. I owned a Bat 1 (just sold it in CC a couple days ago), and it wasn’t enough for me. I thoroughly enjoyed having the key pages, as well: first intro of Joker, first intro of Catwoman, and Batman origin. It made for a fuller experience. And now that I’ve sold the actual book, these pages remain precious to me. 

for those of you who scoff at page ownership, I say don’t buy one

9D56437A-D46A-49A1-9330-46A714BD17CF.jpeg

AB1595A6-65C9-4FD9-BC96-126DE0088727.jpeg

I have very casually inquired with a guy at CGC about possibly taking a complete book that's already been cut into separate pages and having all the pages slabbed in plastic with extensions for binder holes on the left side so that the entire book could be slabbed in a binder and read accordingly.  How thick it would have to be would depend on how thin each holder could be made for each individual page.  

On 3/19/2022 at 9:22 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:
On 3/18/2022 at 5:50 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Regardless if one can afford the book or not, it is still a different thing entirely to actually see the action on a cool page rather than to be limited to the cover. I owned a Bat 1 (just sold it in CC a couple days ago), and it wasn’t enough for me. I thoroughly enjoyed having the key pages, as well: first intro of Joker, first intro of Catwoman, and Batman origin. It made for a fuller experience. And now that I’ve sold the actual book, these pages remain precious to me. 

Expand  

I have very casually inquired with a guy at CGC about possibly taking a complete book that's already been cut into separate pages and having all the pages slabbed in plastic with extensions for binder holes on the left side so that the entire book could be slabbed in a binder and read accordingly.  How thick it would have to be would depend on how thin each holder could be made for each individual page. 

CGC already slabs backboard sig series sketches in that way, except without extensions for binder holds on the left side. You'd think that would be an easy enough modification for CGC to make, if they wanted to, and I don't see any reason why pages couldn't be slabbed similarly, thus allowing them to easily flipped through if stored in a binder.

On 3/18/2022 at 5:50 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Well someone just bought the same Batman page 22 on the Bay for $2627 tonight.  I lost out as my max bid was $2500.  

Price way lower than last GPA sale Dec 2021 for $4327, so they got a pretty good deal IMHO.  

BATMAN #1 DC Comics 1940 CGC PG Page 22 Only 1st Appearance Joker Catwoman | eBay