• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM #252
4 4

8 posts in this topic

About 7.5/8.0 after that C&P.

On 3/18/2022 at 5:13 AM, Odda said:

Probably my favorite cover.

Ron Frenz was one of the best ASM artists.

Thanks for sharing.

I’m gonna say 7.0 to 7.5. I tend to think they are harder on this type of book. There are so many copies out there many unread very high grade that they see all the time. Trying to get a 9.6 or 9.8. I just don’t think they cut it any slack like they would an older silver age book.  Interested on your thoughts on this. 

On 3/18/2022 at 7:28 PM, Februus said:

I’m gonna say 7.0 to 7.5. I tend to think they are harder on this type of book. There are so many copies out there many unread very high grade that they see all the time. Trying to get a 9.6 or 9.8. I just don’t think they cut it any slack like they would an older silver age book.  Interested on your thoughts on this. 

Absolutely.

We talk about a GA or Key Bump but I think there is a Copper/Modern Age "Lug." This also extends into the BA. By the time Disco arrived the hobby was really growing and conservation was important to collectors. We should expect books from the last 40 years or so to be in better condition than books from the previous 40 years.

I also think, in the subjective nature of grading, every book is inherently compared to other copies - in better and in worse condition. When you look at CA/MA books there are a lot of high grade issues of everything out there. These high quality books underscore the faults in substandard copies and diminishes their overall grade.

Or maybe I'm tired from 4 hours of sleep.

On 3/18/2022 at 6:47 PM, grendelbo said:

Absolutely.

We talk about a GA or Key Bump but I think there is a Copper/Modern Age "Lug." This also extends into the BA. By the time Disco arrived the hobby was really growing and conservation was important to collectors. We should expect books from the last 40 years or so to be in better condition than books from the previous 40 years.

I also think, in the subjective nature of grading, every book is inherently compared to other copies - in better and in worse condition. When you look at CA/MA books there are a lot of high grade issues of everything out there. These high quality books underscore the faults in substandard copies and diminishes their overall grade.

Or maybe I'm tired from 4 hours of sleep.

Well said .. in a nut shell there is an unspoken “expectation”  for some of these mass produced modern era keys.. I don’t know if it’s fair but we have to navigate the course.