• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it worth it?

8 posts in this topic

New here, maybe it’s been asked already but figured I’d ask again. Back story,I’ve been collecting for roughly 15yrs and hadn’t really cared to get books graded until recently. Still trying to figure out my way around the site but wanted to send a book in signed by Stan Lee, unfortunately it wasn’t in the presence of a signature series observer. Just want opinions on if it’s even worth sending it to get graded, or if I should just keep it raw. It’s a ASM 46. Appreciate the replies in advance. 

Financially, it depends on the grade

if your concerns aren’t financial, follow your 💜 

On 3/18/2022 at 8:57 PM, FrontStands said:

Sounds like something I would personally get graded, it just depends on if you'd like it encased.

Yah I just want it to remain in the same shape it’s in, it’s in, with my extremely limited expertise, what I would assume VF condition. Appreciate the feedback!

On 3/18/2022 at 7:28 PM, shadroch said:

If all you want is to preserve it, a $2 mylar does the job just as well as an $80 slab.

Seconded. 

A Mylar with a full-back board will look just as good, IMO. Decided not to slab any of my Silver Age DD because they look so good in the higher quality bags.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:45 PM, Marcjoner16 said:

New here, maybe it’s been asked already but figured I’d ask again. Back story,I’ve been collecting for roughly 15yrs and hadn’t really cared to get books graded until recently. Still trying to figure out my way around the site but wanted to send a book in signed by Stan Lee, unfortunately it wasn’t in the presence of a signature series observer. Just want opinions on if it’s even worth sending it to get graded, or if I should just keep it raw. It’s a ASM 46. Appreciate the replies in advance. 

Really not worth it. Grading with CGC is just to make it easier to sell non signed books.