• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE is IN --- Please Grade my ASM 101
2 2

29 posts in this topic

Nice gloss, lies flat. Obvious issues are the 10 to 12 spine stresses (especially at bottom staple). Tiny diagonal crease lower-right front cover, and a 3/4" printer's crease near the upper-right front cover. Centerfold and all wraps tight and attached.

What do you all think? And, thanks very much for taking a look :foryou:

IMG_9617.JPG

IMG_9618.JPG

IMG_9619.JPG

IMG_9620.JPG

IMG_9621.JPG

IMG_9622.JPG

IMG_9623.JPG

IMG_9624.JPG

Edited by silverage12c
Grade is in

Thanks all for your feedback, very much appreciated!

I went ahead and sent it in today for Walk Through grading, so I should have it back in a couple weeks. Will come back and share the grade when I know it.

Cheers, and happy hunting for your grails, series, and readers alike :)

On 3/22/2022 at 6:33 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Umm...just curious where you see fading on this book???

Unless it is lighting, looks like the bottom right corner area has been subject to fading. Specifically, the buildings like a little lighter than they are supposed to. 

If I am wrong, this book is probably 5.5-6.0

On 3/22/2022 at 12:48 PM, MrRoboto said:

Unless it is lighting, looks like the bottom right corner area has been subject to fading. Specifically, the buildings like a little lighter than they are supposed to. 

If I am wrong, this book is probably 5.5-6.0

I think it must just be the lighting, because I'm not seeing it? FYI, those aren't buildings, it's an interior scene and the bottom right shows brown wooden stairs :)
I think you, and most others here, are viewing this book about the same as I am, in the 5.0 to 6.0 range. As mentioned, it's en route to Sarasota for walkthrough service, so I'll have it back soon enough. I'm pulling for a 6.0 Universal OW, but not banking on it, LOL.

On 3/22/2022 at 2:58 PM, Funnybooks said:

are you having the book pressed?

Actually, these pics are after my own gentle press. I opted not to do more than a simple full-cover (front and back) press job on it. I didn't think that attacking the spine with a tack iron, or anything like that, was going to be worth the risk. Most of the cover damage is just an accumulation of color-breaking stress lines that are not going to be improved anyway. I also did my own gentle dry-clean work on the white areas front and back, to eliminate most of the usual dirt and light scuff marks, etc.
I'm sure a pro could accomplish more than my DIY amateur efforts, LOL. But, I think this book has a grade cap due to the color breaks, no matter who works on it?