• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walkthrough and Modern Fast Track Submission Question
2 2

8 posts in this topic

I just submitted 16 books and CGC received them today. One of the books (NM98) is a walkthrough, while the rest of the 15 are modern fast track. Usually how long does it take them to open up the box since it was marked as a walkthrough? I did make sure to write WK on the entire box.

It depends largely on how many submissions there are arriving at the same time as yours, overall and other walkthroughs.  As well as staffing levels and which day of the week it arrives.  

but it should be the fastest possible.  

On 3/23/2022 at 11:52 PM, revat said:

It depends largely on how many submissions there are arriving at the same time as yours, overall and other walkthroughs.  As well as staffing levels and which day of the week it arrives.  

but it should be the fastest possible.  

On 3/24/2022 at 6:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Right now it's taking CGC about 4-5 weeks on average to open packages. I'm not sure that anyone can be certain how quickly they're opening the WK boxes.

On 3/24/2022 at 7:16 AM, CGC Mike said:

The current turn around time for WT is 10 days so, I would think you package will be opened within 5 days upon us receiving it.  

Thank you guys for the responses. Crazy to think how they are back to a month on opening packages. Wish they would just stop taking submissions for a good month, that way they can catch up.

On 3/24/2022 at 8:32 AM, captainzombie said:

Wish they would just stop taking submissions for a good month, that way they can catch up.

The potential problem with this is that CGC will likely receive a massive influx of packages once they begin receiving again, making the alleviation extremely temporary and obstructing the current flow of processes.

On 3/24/2022 at 7:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The potential problem with this is that CGC will likely receive a massive influx of packages once they begin receiving again, making the alleviation extremely temporary and obstructing the current flow of processes.

You do make a very good point on that. Hopefully they can get this fixed here in the near future.

So my 15 Modern FT grades are complete and have been setup for shipping, yet my walkthrough is still at G/E/I. Has anyone ever had this happen?

Two of my Batman books have the same exact grader notes and grade. I can agree with one of the books getting the grade that it received, but the other one was in immaculate shape after I cleaned it and pressed it. It looks like there are 3 books that I will need to crack open and repress because their grades seem to be off.